What are the blockland forum's thoughts on Islam?

Poll

What are your thoughts on Islam?

Great
3 (3.1%)
Good
3 (3.1%)
Indifferent (The Filthy Centrist Option.)
30 (30.9%)
Bad
20 (20.6%)
stuff
29 (29.9%)
ALLAHU ACKBAR! Loud Muffled Thud in the distance.
12 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Author Topic: What are the blockland forum's thoughts on Islam?  (Read 4976 times)

Oh wow oh jeez ouch. I say one anecdote against Christianity and it's glossed over and I get mocked, that's totally conducive to civil discourse
if you ignore kidalex your life will improve 125%

It's funny, but I cant even explain what it was here without it being skewed making me look like come copy-pasta friend that you guys would immediately jump to meme on. But no, I was really raised in some stuff-teir church that basically told me to not mess with anybody else unless they're were also in the church.

Technology like computers and cellphones were considered "impure" and "a sin". I constantly had devices like my gameboy taken from me while on the grounds.

Outsider friends were disallowed, and I was constantly participating in something they would call a "work party". Basically free labor. We wernt paid, but our services were and was given directly to the church for "communal expansion".

I was able to leave after I moved away for college, and by that point, they were asking somewhere up to 2000 dollars a month per person per family. I still get phone calls asking when Ill be back. I'm sure they're gonna give me some "away fee" or some stuff.

A lot of my childhood friends that broke away are royally forgeted, not knowing how to react in public situations or hold a job. Suppose it was the years of public seclusion. I was lucky to not have strict parents about it.

The church was accused of being a cult a while back, but the allegations were dropped after it was shown that people weren't forced to stay. But growing up in it, I can say otherwise. stuff was bad and I'm still semi-forgeted for it.

But I get it, Im just some fedora flipping idiot who just wants to bash religion because im smarter than it or something and my experiences are discredited because you didn't have the same experience.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:02:02 PM by Mr.Noßody »

this sounds like one church that you're extrapolating beyond a reasonable point

No, I know exactly what Mr. Nobody is talking about. I've dealt with cults before myself. I haven't personally lived under the oppression of one, but i've seen people that have.

It's funny, but I cant even explain what it was here without it being skewed making me look like come copy-pasta friend that you guys would immediately jump to meme on. But no, I was really raised in some stuff-teir church that basically told me to not mess with anybody else unless they're were also in the church.

Technology like computers and cellphones were considered "impure" and "a sin". I constantly had devices like my gameboy taken from me while on the grounds.

Outsider friends were disallowed, and I was constantly participating in something they would call a "work party". Basically free labor. We wernt paid, but our services were and was given directly to the church for "communal expansion".

I was able to leave after I moved away for college, and by that point, they were asking somewhere up to 2000 dollars a month per person per family. I still get phone calls asking when Ill be back. I'm sure they're gonna give me some "away fee" or some stuff.

A lot of my childhood friends that broke away are royally forgeted, not knowing how to react in public situations or hold a job. Suppose it was the years of public seclusion. I was lucky to not have strict parents about it.

The church was accused of being a cult a while back, but the allegations were dropped after it was shown that people weren't forced to stay. But growing up in it, I can say otherwise. stuff was bad and I'm still semi-forgeted for it.

But I get it, Im just some fedora flipping idiot who just wants to bash religion because im smarter than it or something and my experiences are discredited because you didn't have the same experience.

HUTTERITES REPRESENT

Sorry, thats the Brunstad Christian Church.

I dont like that you guys joke about it, but whatever. What else would I expect?

just because most churches/religions arent that bad doesnt make mr nobody’s opinion any less reasonable - hes talking from the perspective of having experienced the evil that can come from ideology, the potential depths it can go. for the sake of argument, having any religion continue to exist will continue to increase the chances a community like that come to exist

you can stuff on him but you’re just making yourself appear less reasonable and understanding. this place is only a cesspool as long as people who stuff constantly stay in it, so saying “what do you expect from this community” is not really a valid argument
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:37:26 PM by Conan »

lowkey highkey if you're religious you've been (probably) indoctrinated from childhood

as for the theists,

1% of them actually believe because poorly written books 'says so'.
that's handicapped.

99% of them 'believe' to fit into their local communities and because they're too scared to admit reality to themselves as well.  
they maintain a self delusion of 'belief', but laughably so because true believers would be acting near perfectly in every action to please their god.

was the whole point of this thread so you could argue with people about religion, op?

you can practice is it as long as you don't try to chop my head off, bomb anything, rape women and children, or establish sharia law. I looking at you ahmed..best behavior bucko..