What are the blockland forum's thoughts on Islam?

Poll

What are your thoughts on Islam?

Great
3 (3.1%)
Good
3 (3.1%)
Indifferent (The Filthy Centrist Option.)
30 (30.9%)
Bad
20 (20.6%)
stuff
29 (29.9%)
ALLAHU ACKBAR! Loud Muffled Thud in the distance.
12 (12.4%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Author Topic: What are the blockland forum's thoughts on Islam?  (Read 5085 times)

while it's undeniable that there's a very high rate of extremism associated with Islam, I feel like the extremism rates would fall considerably if the Middle East was developed to a more modern standard; much of Africa is under-developed and civil wars, famine and other disasters are frequent in those regions. the only thing keeping the Middle East more stable than Africa is the western nations' desire to have its oil.

as long as they keep their stuff to their own countries its fine, keep your sharia law and wife beating out of the united kingdom

islam was created by a warlord and was spread using war.

while it's undeniable that there's a very high rate of extremism associated with Islam, I feel like the extremism rates would fall considerably if the Middle East was developed to a more modern standard; much of Africa is under-developed and civil wars, famine and other disasters are frequent in those regions. the only thing keeping the Middle East more stable than Africa is the western nations' desire to have its oil.
this is true. despite islam's barbaric teachings, any country with a high standard of living is bound to have a more stable/less brutal society.

Saudi Arabia is a pretty modern state considering how much money they make off oil.

And yet they still kill gays

^ that's also true. islam as a whole needs to either be reformed or eliminated in order for the middle east to progress.

Have any of you seen the [Insert Middle-east country here] before and now pictures where it shows women without burkas before and with burkas now?

They seemed to have had progress before but have turned the wrong way.

Have any of you seen the [Insert Middle-east country here] before and now pictures where it shows women without burkas before and with burkas now?

They seemed to have had progress before but have turned the wrong way.
tfw you start an Arab spring and the old dictatorship get replaced by theocracy 19x more oppresive than the last regime

Oh Iran, you poor thing

Whatever the case.
Money doesn't make bad ideas go away.
Islam is like a giant cult, i mean technically that's what a religion is once it get's big enough, but it acts like it's still a cult.

If Islam is to adapt to the modern day they need to rid themselves of their extreme discriminatory acceptances.

muhammad married a 6 year old girl and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9.
like I said religion is a loving mess and it really is revealing about society that thousands of years later we still have grown loving adults pertaining to children
and no we skipped learning this when (((((they))))) introduced sharia law and made me eat halal chicken
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 03:28:05 PM by ChappersTeddy »

Can we talk about Buddhism for a sec? Theyve been killing like 500,000 brothers in Myanmar and nobody cares....

Can we talk about Buddhism for a sec? Theyve been killing like 500,000 brothers in Myanmar and nobody cares....
You are a Muslim and a Buddhist. Or is that one of your PhantOS brand lies like how you have 2 kids or you're the son of a person in a rock group or whatever?

Yep. Another one of my patented PhantOS lies. Also I have one kid, not two lol