[News] Apple has an invalid language key causing apps and the phone to crash

Author Topic: [News] Apple has an invalid language key causing apps and the phone to crash  (Read 3349 times)

haha, just switch to android

^
|
| me loll

why use a computer when you could do stuff irl and have a life.................... haha right..................... :(
smh

Legit any other OS just displays a placeholder 'character not found' symbol. Why the hell could Apple not do that? Were they high up enough on themselves that they didn't make something to catch it because they thought they had every character covered or something?
they definitely do that for characters they can't display. there's over a million possible unicode characters and only like 120k of those are defined. all of the rest of them, for now, are squares (or whatever character is used (it varies a lot and it's not really chosen by the operating system))
the fact that this... thing... causes an issue, has nothing to do with their "arrogance" lol, it's a loving bug, which literally all software has

జ్ఞా Was hoping this would crash my iphone but apparently it’s already fixed.
Also hasn’t this happened with apple before? What unicode char will be next? :/

this happened in runescape. people using the micro- could crash people's clients
this?

Get someone to text it to you, then we'll see what happens.

జ్ఞా This part, your iPhone crashes.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208534
correct

Gotta spend another 1,000+ dollars on the brand new phone they'll release in the next 6 months if you want this bug fixed.

how do they manage to forget up this badly displaying simple text though
do they not have an exception handler for when things forget up?

no apple is too """"""perfect""""""