Author Topic: For Honour is 20 bucks on humblebundle. Is it worth it?  (Read 1880 times)

mount and blade warband is good, and if you're willing to shell out another 25 bucks you can get the dlc which amounts to like 200+ hours of gameplay according to a friend

While mount and blade is an amazing game, the combat in it is not the focus, and because of that its pretty poor. Its not boring but for honors combat is on another level compared to warband. 

another game if you just want to hack and slash stuff in is Warhammer End Times: Vermintide

I loved it and pre-ordered the sequel, think of it like l4d2 except with a focus in melee combat and a reason to keep replaying.

While mount and blade is an amazing game, the combat in it is not the focus, and because of that its pretty poor. Its not boring but for honors combat is on another level compared to warband. 
i would argue while the singleplayer combat in warband is pretty poor overall, the online dueling community is actually pretty competitive / high level. there's a lot of 'hidden' functions and mechanics to the combat system that you never really see used in SP like chambering, for example

i would argue while the singleplayer combat in warband is pretty poor overall, the online dueling community is actually pretty competitive / high level. there's a lot of 'hidden' functions and mechanics to the combat system that you never really see used in SP like chambering, for example
So much hidden stuff in warband. Never got into it as much as I would liked to have. Ive only played singleplayer so I wouldnt know about multi.

another game if you just want to hack and slash stuff in is Warhammer End Times: Vermintide

I loved it and pre-ordered the sequel, think of it like l4d2 except with a focus in melee combat and a reason to keep replaying.
I play both Vermintide and For Honor.
Both pretty rad games, incomparable, but great games nonetheless.
See For Honor more like a fighting game focused around this melee combo system with slashing, sweep hits, blocking, parrying, grabbing and what not.
That is very hard to compare with a L4D-like game mostly focused around melee gameplay instead of ranged (but it has ranged gameplay).

But yeah For Honor is a more niche game i think, you either hate it or love it.
Getting a character under control takes some learning the moveset and the mechanics like deflecting and the such.
But it is a pretty fun game if you like that, challenging for sure, mostly enjoyed in PVP-combat.

mount and blade warband is good, and if you're willing to shell out another 25 bucks you can get the dlc which amounts to like 200+ hours of gameplay according to a friend

I blade mount and blade napoleon with a buddy in multiplayer and it was awful