My Cat "Cheeto" has 3 fractured bones and FIV. It Costs over 1000$

Author Topic: My Cat "Cheeto" has 3 fractured bones and FIV. It Costs over 1000$  (Read 2509 times)

burn down your house and get the insurance money to pay for it
You aren't funny.

OT:

Im sorry about your cat, I really hope he pulls through

If unable to pay for it, euthanize. My wife works in a vet clinic and this is honestly the ethical way to go.

Aside from that, what happened to cause this?

If unable to pay for it, euthanize. My wife works in a vet clinic and this is honestly the ethical way to go.
this. everything dies eventually, its best if you die painlessly without constant suffering. it hurts to see pets go but it's better for them. im guessing the operation wont have too good chances anyways because cheeto has FIV, so its best to euthanize before he dies from something painful, like an internal infection

this. everything dies eventually, its best if you die painlessly without constant suffering.
I will now use this line of reasoning to validate the euthanization of people.

locate the pusillanimous individual destroyer

people aren't pets

you're an exception drydess, my loyal lapdog

people aren't pets
well then you're okay with putting a pet down at the first sign of pain that costs more than the realm of reason.
but if it's a person it's okay?

Double Standard.

If the needle is cheaper than treating arthritis then why aren't there more euthanized people?

well then you're okay with putting a pet down at the first sign of pain that costs more than the realm of reason.
but if it's a person it's okay?

Double Standard.

If the needle is cheaper than treating arthritis then why aren't there more euthanized people?
it's not really the slightest of pain... It's feline aids. are you seriously accusing me of double standards? I'm literally saying what any certified vet who went through cat med school would say

I've owned like four cats and you can tell when things get bad. They stop eating, they slow down, eventually you have to euthanize them anyways because they won't just die peacefully, they'll starve for a month

It's op's choice. Hopefully the cats bones heal, but the FIV won't, and that's pretty nasty. It's sad that we have to decide when our closest companions have to go, but they can't decide for themselves
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:00:35 PM by PhantOS »

The difference boils down to consciousness. A human is capable in most cases of knowing that it is suffering and that treatment, even if invasive is aimed to alleviating conditions that ail it. An animal, by contrast, in most cases is in pain and only knows that by keeping away from any perceivable source of harm is the way that it would be preserved, but this is not often the case. An animal will not willingly roll over to expose it's wounds. Veterinarians and vet technicians will force the animal into complying against it's will and put the animal into distress and will worsen the capability for improvement that any treatment can bring. This treatment, in the case of some animals, for example, Rabbits, will literally cause them to be so stressed that they die of cardiac arrest. Animals naturally assume that anything pertaining to increasing discomfort and pain while wounded is to do greater harm. Thus, unless the problem can with reasonable certainty be removed, or brought to a point of lower level of care (yes, some animals go through regular physical therapy), there are two options if treatment fails, which lead to the same result—do worse harm to the animal through insufficient treatment, and do worse harm by failing to address the problem—the entire time of which, the animal spends in pain and both lead to euthanasia.

You'd be surprised. My wife has worked at two vet hospital over the last two years. The first was a shady-ass place, and the latter, her current job, is much more ethical. Nearly daily, people will ask for convenience euthanasia, which ranges from "my cat started throwing up blood" to "my dog was hit by a car and had a few ribs and a leg broken" to "we're moving to a new place that doesn't allow cats and we can't take it with." There are lots of people out there who are absolutely stuffty human beings, but I wouldn't say that PhantOS, given his judgement is anywhere near those people.