College Rant - The Cancer Crew

Author Topic: College Rant - The Cancer Crew  (Read 1507 times)

I had a particularly fun run-in with the loud obnoxious group of the class that sits in the back, talks about video games over the lessons, and then proceeds to complain that they aren't "getting their moneys worth" at the college.

Keep in mind that I'm in college right now for Game Design currently approaching my Bachelors degree, and so are these chuckle forgets.

Some backstory on these guys. They are the 'elite' gamer bros that all stereotypes are made for. It's LoL, PubG, and whatever the newest AAA game is all day every day.
This group consists of 5 guys

The leader of the bunch: He knows his stuff in class but is an arrogant starfish about it keeping him from working with other people that aren't in his entourage.
Generic dude-bro A: A pretty normal guy who you can get along with one on one, but is total aids in his group.
Generic dude-bro B: Again, a pretty chill guy aside from the blatant racism.
The Prep: The obviously gay guy who prolly only hangs around to catch some dude-bro D.
The Wasian: (his term, not mine) Loudest of the group, wears his parents money on his sleeve. Horribly selfish and also horribly tribal. Most likely the worst of them.
The Propagator: This dude is harmless if not socially awkward. Obviously only hangs around this group because they respond to his self-perpetuating conversations. He is the root of them being loud.

For some reason these guys consider me 'friendly', when in reality, I hate their guts for interrupting every lesson at-least 10 to 20 times a class sometimes even getting the teacher to drop the lesson to join in on their stupid conversations. Ive made it painfully obvious that I dont enjoy their company telling them to shut up in class, saying "I don't like you guys" directly to them, and by calling them the Cancer Crew to their faces *take note of this*. Despite all this, they just laugh at my jabs and continue business as usual.

Every class they all get up together to go to lunch giving the rest of the class a time to actually work without the loudest goddamn conversation happening behind us. Today they did the same, but dude-bro A stayed back for whatever reason. Once the sudden quiet of them not being around shook me from my work, I look back and said "Hey, the Cancer Crew left." as I normally do. However, this time was different. Dude bro A pipes up and says "What was that!?" in an angry tone. Jokingly I responded by saying the same thing louder seeing as how HE KNOWS I call them that. He doesn't respond and leaves to join the Cancer Crew. Minutes later I get a text from the Wasian saying "It's nice to know that you're a two faced snake. Next time say it to our faces" the irony of sending this as a text totally escaping him. I didn't respond as I really dont care enough to deal with "fixing" the issue.

I find it really strange how they weren't hearing the "I dont like you" sirens I was setting. It feels like they thought I was joking around with them or something. We were never friends, and Ive told them this several times. But this time was TOO FAR. Either way, I lost nothing. But maybe now they wont try to rope me into their bullstuff now they know I dont like them.

TLDR: A group of stuffheads in my class who thought I was their friend despite me telling them that I in-fact hate them, is mad at me because I called them "the Cancer Crew" behind their backs even after Ive called them this directly to them more than once.

"lol so when do we get to make call of duty 20"

sometimes even getting the teacher to drop the lesson to join in on their stupid conversations
Damn, that's straight up unprofessional on the part of the teacher. Even the most lax professor I had so far at my college (who I considered to be INSANELY loose with enforcing the rules regarding class disruption) would never do something like that.

Damn, that's straight up unprofessional on the part of the teacher. Even the most lax professor I had so far at my college (who I considered to be INSANELY loose with enforcing the rules regarding class disruption) would never do something like that.

Yeah, hes definitely a game developer first and a professor second.

sounds like literally everybody at my school

kinda like how emo forgets want to learn guitar but complain that it's too hard

how'd they get your phone number lol

he was The Prep all along...

While it was funny to read that they thought you were a two faced snake and all, is pubg really considered an 'eite game' these days?

how'd they get your phone number lol

The wasisn used to be my best friends roommate and was very pushy to be friends. He messaged me through Facebook messenger since he added me on Facebook. He for some reason liked me a lot, so it's not surprising he feels so betrayed.

But I never was his friend, I just tolerated him.

While it was funny to read that they thought you were a two faced snake and all, is pubg really considered an 'eite game' these days?
Yes. Competitive shooters tend to breed these types. Sorry if you enjoy it

The same type of friends liter my design class like a plague. Except the guys in my class are anime elitists. Don't even ask me how thats possible, they found a way.

Your best hope is to brush up on your bullying skills and to start shoving these handicaps into lockers to remind them of their place.

In my multivariable calc class there's these three Indian dudes and this girl that are constantly talking in the back of a pretty small room and getting like, uncomfortably handsy-ish with the girl. Like the image it conjures up is a boyfriend who is latently abusive to his SO in public, but it's three guys and one girl.

It's really weird and I hope they drop the day before withdrawal deadline.

Back in middle school before i went to online school because i have no life besides stuffposting it looked interesting, i was in a group. we only really knew eachother as friends because we played internet games, heres a run down

We had a nice guy who would always tell the girls in class about how they fight for gender rights.

There was this one guy who would tell me dead memes (Douchebag guy, etc)

And there was only one person i could relate to, he understood my jokes that were dark.

I'd usually say some stupid stuff i found on the internet or on popsicles like "What gets dirtier the whiter it gets, a politician" And only he'd laugh. Everyone else would call me weird, i wish i still knew him though. I moved away

But besides him the other people were a real trainwreck, i didnt really have any other friends.