Author Topic: Furby Player V2  (Read 10292 times)

hey man while this is a good model, you still have a lot to improve. never forget: blocky usually means 8 polygons at max

good electronic pets arent horrifying

Furbys arent unique because of their appearance, theyre unique because it was the first electronic pet you could touch that did more than just do a continuous action on loop.

Tamagotchis, while their character designs on-screen are adorable, cant do as much as Furby. Im not saying Tamagotchi sucks, (in fact mametchi might be my fav) Because it clearly doesnt. Its just the simple difference, Tamagotchis are in a screen and Furbys arent.

Furbys arent unique because of their appearance, theyre unique because it was the first electronic pet you could touch that did more than just do a continuous action on loop.

Tamagotchis, while their character designs on-screen are adorable, cant do as much as Furby. Im not saying Tamagotchi sucks, (in fact mametchi might be my fav) Because it clearly doesnt. Its just the simple difference, Tamagotchis are in a screen and Furbys arent.
too long, didnt read

Okay then since your so right all the time  i dare you to tell the difference between a good electronic pet and a bad electronic pet

the best electronic pet is a dead electronic pet

too long, didnt read

Dude why are u so crappy towards a kid?!

Okay then since your so right all the time  i dare you to tell the difference between a good electronic pet and a bad electronic pet

stage 2: anger

learn more about preventing officerzach grief at your local library
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:12:36 PM by simpletonnn »

Okay then since your so right all the time  i dare you to tell the difference between a good electronic pet and a bad electronic pet
i find alot of things cute (hell i find bees cute) but there's just something odd about a furry egg on legs screaming at me in engrish

guys seriously you guys are complaining for no reason at all

you wanted my models to be more blocky, correct? and thats exactly what im doing so whats your problem
not really you've been making low quality add-ons recently and not following how to fix them up - while this is another great start Zach there is a range of the amount of polys are OK, having too little or too much makes it look bad

I hope the animations aren't broke again
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:13:41 PM by Kyuande »

On a constructive note, let's take a look at a couple ways this player model could be improved

1. The brick icon - Please do not use hand drawn paint style icons, it looks terrible.
Get a proper brick icon the default way, or render an image and resize it

2. Learn how to remove doubles in the model - I was able to remove 336 doubles right off the bat
Poly count isn't always about how "blocky" it is, it's about adding detail while still keeping it low poly.
You could be using octogons for the eyes to make it look a bit better and fixing the ears

Something like this I guess

(click to view in 3D)

thats even loving worse

-snip lmfao-
hey zach maybe if you listened to people's opinions instead of telling them you're right all the time, everyone on this forum wouldn't "tell you everything's bad" and call you an autist all the time.

EDIT: oh and also stop forcing the things you like on everyone, nobody wants doreamon or whatever the hell you like right now in blockland, and it's only gonna make people hate you more
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:31:13 PM by Sebi »