my gaming pc build

Author Topic: my gaming pc build  (Read 1140 times)

Introduction

on december 24th 2016 i assembled my first gaming computer, i have been upgrading it ever since that day. it started out with a stuffty AMD A4 APU which couldn't run battlefield 1 even with major tweaks to the game files to make the textures and models extremely low poly/resolution even with 800x600 as the resolution. along with the stuffty apu, i had an even stufftier western digital green 500gb hard drive (beware we were very new to computer building and thus we bought the most stuffty components on the market with the little money we had.) for the gpu we had a gigabyte amd r7 360 (which we still use today because it works wonders for us, besides the noise :p)  to pair all of this together the case i used was the cheapest case on newegg at the time, the rosewill fbm-02 micro atx case

2017 is the year my pc started to get some well deserved upgrades. first off was to get some more storage , so i went through a couple drawers/stacks of computer parts in my collection and found a hard drive that i wasn't using, it was a western digital blue 1 terabyte hdd, so i put it into my computer. later on about 2 months after i installed the first hard drive, i bought another 1tb western digital blue for my pc, both totaling up to 2.1 tb of storage. around 1-2 months after that i upgraded my monitor, i had started out with a stock gateway monitor i had from my grandmothers pc (ik), the new monitor i ordered was an AOC i2367Fh 1080p borderless monitor which i still use today, later on i bought a new pair of speakers for my setup, just some basic logitech speakers i found at my local wallmart for about 50$ USD. biggest thing out of all of this is when i upgraded the CPU, i bought an AMD athlon x4 860k black edition which is a very good cpu for the price.

Present Day

8 days ago today i ordered a brand new case and 120mm fan for my computer, yesterday i got it in the mail and started completely rebuilding my pc from the ground up, the new case i ordered was a white bitfenix nova tg with a tempered glass window it has 2 fans in it, 1 is a white led fan (which i am replacing in a few days when my new led corsair af120 fan comes), and the other is some stock non led 120mm fan located on the bottom right of the case directly beside the hard drive bay. my plans are to install the purple led corsair fan on the top left next to the videocard and processor to achieve maximum airflow to them, i will move the white led fan to the hard drive bay to illuminate the the hard drives, last but not least i installed a third hdd, a 500 gb toshiba laptop hard drive. after i finished my pc build i took some screenshots

(ignore the clutter)

Current specs

Gigabyte AMD R7 360

AMD Athlon X4 860k Black Edition

4 Hard drives totalling up to 3 tb (more info in the description above)

450 Watt Antec PSU

Bitfenix Nova TG ATX Computer case in white with 2 120mm fans (more info in the description above)

Soon to be a Corsair AF120 silent purple led fan

My Ryzen CPU is worth more then your PC.
Hell even my R9 290 is worth more due to mining.

"am pr0 gaemer lol"
real brothers be like mhmmm prebuilt computers

Why is your loving keyboard worth more than your graphics card and cpu.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:17:23 PM by Renderman In A Bowl »

we were taught a lesson today kids:
buy the best specs and not the best lights

we were taught a lesson today kids:
buy the best specs and not the best lights
but i dont have the money to build a high end rig

but i dont have the money to build a high end rig
However if you didnt buy a $120 keyboard you would have more money for the rig. Its a nice keyboard however you don't need to buy it when your pc is less than $300-400

However if you didnt buy a $120 keyboard you would have more money for the rig. Its a nice keyboard however you don't need to buy it when your pc is less than $300-400
i wasn't the one who bought it, it was a gift

get a new power supply