11 (28.2%)
King Of The Hill
13 (33.3%)
Payload (Likely won't happen)
4 (10.3%)
Capture The Flag
11 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Brick Garrison | BL-TF2 | Now with loading screen  (Read 7621 times)

i give this a thumb up
i give this a thumb up
Feedback is appreciated.

Alright, I might as well come forward on what is going on with the shop right now. Right now, I am in a sticky situation with unlockables. You can currently buy weapons, but they expire after you die, forcing you to rebuy them. If anyone can come forward to fix this issue, that would be appreciated. Also, cosmetic items such as hats or effects will likely be shut down from the server for a while. This is due to the fact that hats are kind of broken. If you were to buy them, they would expire after the server were to restart, and some classes can't handle hats. This includes Scout, Medic, and Spy. Disguise Kit and Sapper for spy are currently either broken or OP. Disguise Kit forcefully mutes you from the chat on use, and Sapper is straight up inaccurate and can be abused. Blu base needs some work due to spawns being unfinished, and barriers incomplete. However, I am keeping my word on hosting this weekend, so I will do that, but there will be some cutbacks. To summarize, no hats/cosmetics, likely no disguise kit and sapper, and blu base might be slightly glitched, yet still playable. Thread will updated with more screenshots later, so stay tuned for updates.

EDIT: As of the time of this edit, 75% of these issues are fixed aside from Disguise kit and Sapper being bugged.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 12:13:21 PM by Beyond Neptune »

Thread has more images now.

Server Open!
Server has been open for today! Remember when playing to report any issues, glitches, or problem users to any local admins.

scout is too forgetin easy

Pretty hard to do much testing with the lag spikes nonstop. Even at 200mbps that was impossible to play. The build is really good tho but the weapons are extremely unusable with terrible latency. Much higher potential though if the connection is just more stable.

Server closed!
Your criticism and feedback has been noted, here are some common complaints.

scout is too forgetin easy
Scout is one of the classes that are getting a guaranteed nerf, along with a class limitation. Scout would commonly be used to speed run to enemy intelligence or just be an annoying class in general.

Pretty hard to do much testing with the lag spikes nonstop. Even at 200mbps that was impossible to play. Much higher potential though if the connection is just more stable.
Yes, connection has been an issue lately, so I am currently port forwarding to fix this issue, thanks for the comment.

Sentries are to fast and OP.
This criticism is mostly bull and here is why. The only time engineer was used in the server was to guard intelligence, which blocks scouts from speed running to the intelligence. Funny part is, the only people who complained about sentries being OP were the ones who are notoriously using scout to speed run. Sentry is fine.

Spy is broken!
Yes, thanks to this test, we have found this out. The main issue is invisibility watches are displaying user names when cloaked, revealing their location. People claim they are getting shot by sentries when invisible, which doesn't actually happen unless the sentry locks onto them before they cloak. Luckily, we have a patch and fix for the invisibility watches on its way.

Classes are lagging the game!
Yes, we have discovered which classes are responsible for this. This includes Engineer and heavy. The issue with the heavy is people have been abusing it to spam projectiles in large groups, resulting in ghosting lag. Whoever was responsible for this has been banned. Engineer's problem is specifically a class limit. The problem is there are to many engineers in the map at once, resulting in multiple sentry placements. If there are over 5 sentries in the map, the server would begin to lag.

Whenever I buy a weapon, I need to buy it again after I die!
We are aware of this, it wasn't really a glitch, but more of a cut back. We couldn't figure out the events to make the buy permanent, but now we know the events, so we'll plant the events on the weapon cases.

Message will be edited and pinned as more feedback is sent.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:46:14 AM by Beyond Neptune »

How does three sentries lag your server holy stuff? how much memory does your server even have, like 2mb?

How does three sentries lag your server holy stuff? how much memory does your server even have, like 2mb?
Well there were actually 5 engineers but idk

I would have made a map other than 2fort. 2fort is definitely an iconic map in tf2 but it's also one of the worst.

I would have made a map other than 2fort. 2fort is definitely an iconic map in tf2 but it's also one of the worst.
this. make a cp_orange or smth pls

this. make a cp_orange or smth pls
Well, obviously I wouldn't want the next map to be another CTF map. I'm currently hoping for KOTH to win the vote, or I could disregard the poll and go ahead and make it.