what indicates a good network connection

Author Topic: what indicates a good network connection  (Read 4402 times)

no, just wires
look in the network and sharing center, then "change adapter settings" on the left, find the adapter you're using and reply with the model ples

it could be as easy as an ethernet cable, but you would've already done it if it was an option, right?

look in the network and sharing center, then "change adapter settings" on the left, find the adapter you're using and reply with the model ples

dell wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n

its a mini pcie card like this;

with 1 or 2 antenna wires comming off of it

why don't you configure the wifi to 2.4ghz instead of upgrading the actual card tho?

because the 5GHz network is 5000x better

either that or I'm on the school network which I can't change

it's not a dual band router you have at home?

it should be able to broadcast both 2.4 and 5

it's not a dual band router you have at home?

it should be able to broadcast both 2.4 and 5

it is but the 5GHz network doesn't go out and then not come back on until 5 hours later

found the card

I was expecting it to be in a pcie slot but it's lying flush with the motherboard and screwed in

would I have to take out that card if I wanted to replace it with an antenna network card like linked earlier or could I just keep it in there

just buy a wifi card dongle that can connect to 5ghz it will use up one usb but it's better than trying to forget around and buy a wifi card that fits your mobo

just buy a wifi card dongle that can connect to 5ghz it will use up one usb but it's better than trying to forget around and buy a wifi card that fits your mobo

I have two open PCIe slots that are at the bottom of this thing

how far away is your pc from your router anyways because if you do get a 5.0 ghz adapter it probably wont work because 5.0 ghz is much more limited in range than 2.4 ghz

you need a wifi PCIe card that supports 5GHz networks, or an ethernet card. plain and simple.
no amount of configuring or changing your current one will fix that

personally i'd get something like this:
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCEAC68/

why not just use ethernet