what indicates a good network connection

Author Topic: what indicates a good network connection  (Read 4228 times)

get either a USB adapter capable of 5ghz, or a PCIe card capable of 5ghz, really that's it

search on amazon for USB wireless adapters that support 5g (there's a lot that dont so make sure it does). pretty easy to find good cheap ones.

if you dont have enough usb ports, also get a usb port splitter. its a janky solution, but it works. i had to do it for my old laptop when the adapter busted itself.

5g is faster (higher bandwidth cap) but shorter range than 2.4hz

personally i'd get something like this:
https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/PCEAC68/
As an FYI to OP and anyone seriously looking at these things, make sure to look at them closely. This suggested one does not support Windows 10.

This suggested one does not support Windows 10.
it would probably work just fine. that only means that they don't "officially" support it

Oh, well i assumed that if they bothered to list supposed OSs then anything not on the list wouldn't work. If this isn't true then this looks like a great card

okay is there and card that actually supports windows 10 because I can't find any

I have an ASUS wifi card similar to those that says it only supports windows 7/8.. etc. It works fine on windows 10.

edit: these were the exact specs:

i havent had any problems with it on win10. im guessing the drivers are pretty much all the same, they just copy paste the listing information from years ago.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 10:11:43 AM by EcstaticEggplant »

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16833166121

what do you think of this? could I get better?
the N900 version of this card was the first wifi card anyone recommended me when i was looking for wifi connectivity on my desktop
i ended up finding a different solution to my problem that didn't involve buying the card but in researching other wifi cards i still think the rosewill cards were the best ones i had seen. a lot of people seem to agree with that because they're pretty popular cards
you can check the reviews on the AC1900 you linked and see some people are using it for win 10, so it should work

bought the card I suggested

I'll see if it works

>its another "tactical nuke cant figure out how to google his computer problems" thread

so I installed the card

it's not not working

we'll see what happens

libruls ruined my computer