Chatters the Squirrel - World 1 demo out now!

Author Topic: Chatters the Squirrel - World 1 demo out now!  (Read 3138 times)

this is honestly just terrible. i got up to level 1-4 before i just gave up - the controls are way to slippery and while this is fine on the first level once you get to the windmills on 1-3 you constantly slip and fall off of them. the slipperyness also makes engaging enemies not very fun. most of them are too quick and go slightly ahead of you when you jump, then turn around and get a hit on you. on 1-1 i was immediantly attacked by the goomba-rat thing and i assumed it was just a background thing. i didnt even have a chance to talk to the first character i saw. some enemies mechanics are not explained (pirates can jump which caused me to take a hit on 1-3). the camera is too close for some of the challenges and i found myself getting hit by projectiles from enemies i couldnt see. not a very good experience overall

edit: the level design is not very interesting and neither are the enemies, or the overworld. its all very plain. also i dont like the music but thats just a subjective thing i suppose

yea the game loving sucks
the controls are too slippery and makes the windmill level nigh impossible
the music is loving terrible
the game is also just really generic overall and just has nothing special about it
some of the enemy placement is just complete bullstuff and is completely unfair
the graphics look decent though

if youre really planning on selling this stuff then you are insane

also theres no reason you should sell the soundtrack because it is batstuff easy to just open the it files in mad tracker and export it to wav or some stuff
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:13:37 PM by Punished Kidalex90 »

TFW you work on a game for like a year but when you release a demo everyone stuffs on it.

Lighten up guys, it's the first version of this thing. Sure, the controls are a bit slippery and some stages have some oversights in design. But wouldn't that be the entire point of releasing this demo? To get player input and improve the final product?

This is far from unsellable garbage. It just needs some tweaking, which is to be expected in a first demo.

This is literally the first prototype, it's not expected to be high quality. Though plastiware you should take that criticism and try to fix it

not very good
i fell asleep directly after this post so i never got to elaborate on my opnion sorry
the controls are way too floaty for my liking but i havent played his sister yet
overall i rate the game 5 bubsies out of 10

i feel like this game could have potential if you flesh out the current mechanics but with its current state i feel like trying to monetize this is a really bold decision

not very good
[/qoute]
i fell asleep directly after this post so i never got to elaborate on my opnion sorry
the controls are way too floaty for my liking but i havent played his sister yet
overall i rate the game 5 bubsies out of 10
is bubsies a scale on how good it is or how bad it is

is bubsies a scale on how good it is or how bad it is
im saying it reminds me of a bubsy game with how slippery the platforming is

i feel like this game could have potential if you flesh out the current mechanics but with its current state i feel like trying to monetize this is a really bold decision

So you honestly think that despite the fact that I have spent the last two years pouring my heart and soul into this game, I deserve zero compensation for all the time and effort I've put into it?  forget you.  People like you are the reason the games industry has a reputation for being a toxic hellhole.

So you honestly think that despite the fact that I have spent the last two years pouring my heart and soul into this game, I deserve zero compensation for all the time and effort I've put into it?  forget you.  People like you are the reason the games industry has a reputation for being a toxic hellhole.
I mean they're right, despite being starfishs about it. If there's problems with the game you should definitely address them if you have any plan on selling the game for money.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 09:12:40 AM by PhantOS »

So you honestly think that despite the fact that I have spent the last two years pouring my heart and soul into this game, I deserve zero compensation for all the time and effort I've put into it?  forget you.  People like you are the reason the games industry has a reputation for being a toxic hellhole.
LMAO

People give people money for goods because they expect to get something comparable in return. You don’t deserve money just because you work on something. I’m rather disappointed you chose to post this as a response to toxicity. I know it sucks to get stuff on for your own hard work but you can’t please everyone and it’s a fools dream to expect to not get any kind of negative response, warranted or not.

Apologies; this was a knee-jerk reaction to an implication that I don't deserve anything for my efforts, which came as the one thing that finally crossed the line for me after the harsh nature of the previous comments.  I've spent a lot of time and effort over the past few years designing, developing, polishing, and tweaking this game demo to represent the final product, should I ever get there, as closely as possible, and the fallout from posting here on BLF was extremely disheartening.  I didn't mean to sound like I was ignoring criticism entirely, that one thing just set me off.  I'm sorry I ended up lashing out in a way that just made me sound entitled.

i was trying to give you criticism dude calm down
your game has potential and if you flesh out the platforming it could be really fun

i cant even play the game without windows defender forcibly removing it. and i cant even get passed it because windows defender has the stufftiest UI that i cant wrap my head around.

Apologies; this was a knee-jerk reaction to an implication that I don't deserve anything for my efforts, which came as the one thing that finally crossed the line for me after the harsh nature of the previous comments.  I've spent a lot of time and effort over the past few years designing, developing, polishing, and tweaking this game demo to represent the final product, should I ever get there, as closely as possible, and the fallout from posting here on BLF was extremely disheartening.  I didn't mean to sound like I was ignoring criticism entirely, that one thing just set me off.  I'm sorry I ended up lashing out in a way that just made me sound entitled.
you shouldn't be apologizing. you should instead fix all the issues and prove the haters wrong. your outburst was pretty warranted imo. Anyone would get upset if they worked for years on something only for others to say it sucks. At least you put the effort in, but don't stop there- take it further, polish the game and prove to people that your project is worth playin
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:54:10 PM by PhantOS »