is gristle/fat in meat good

Poll

how do you like your meat

with gristle
12 (19%)
none of that chewy garbage
51 (81%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: is gristle/fat in meat good  (Read 4074 times)

i love fat in my steaks and pork. so delicious imo

get off my internet, heathen

this

not too much though then it gets too greasy

I don't like fat. it can add a lot of taste to the meat but the texture is so unpleasant that I try to avoid eating it. gristle is even worse

it has the consistency of loving oatmeal no siree

You don't eat the actual fat at the edges of cuts. If you have huge chunks of fat on your meat you either aren't cooking it properly or are using the wrong cut for how you're cooking it. In beef, for example, the chuck has huge veins of this fats which make it not great for steaks but great for roasts, slow cooking, or as ground meat.

The fat incorporated into the muscle structure is 👌🏾

yes and no.

good to cook the meat with, not to straight eat afterward.

I understand the general mental deficiency around here now

Most of you have pansy diets and you're killing your brains

i've never actually eaten fat because i barely eat meat but i guess its alright idk

gristle is worse than Riddler. if i bite into a chicken nugget and there's even a slight bit of resistance, my body instantly reacts and i start dry heaving because its so horrible im not kidding. i remember this time i bit into a wendy's chicken nugget and there was this mysterious solid blob/chunk in the middle (might've been bone) and it was seriously the worst thing to ever happen to me

i've never actually eaten fat because i barely eat meat but i guess its alright idk

gristle is worse than Riddler. if i bite into a chicken nugget and there's even a slight bit of resistance, my body instantly reacts and i start dry heaving because its so horrible im not kidding. i remember this time i bit into a wendy's chicken nugget and there was this mysterious solid blob/chunk in the middle (might've been bone) and it was seriously the worst thing to ever happen to me
grow up

in my country we eat every part of the animal you picky first world swine

schweinebraten is pretty good
its a german recipe

basicly if you know what you're doing and you do it right you can make the fat (i think its fat it could just be the edge of the meat?) really crunchy and airy instead of gross and greasy
love this stuff but ive only had it like 4 times in my life and only 2 of those times was it done properly so its not an easy thing to make
if you do it wrong its extremely chewy and basicly inedible, its like eating leather

oh man that looks so good