~BR~ Battle Royale ~BR~ [CLOSED]

Author Topic: ~BR~ Battle Royale ~BR~ [CLOSED]  (Read 2469 times)

Battle Royale is a 10-minute Survival Deathmatch. Players parachute out of the sky over an abandoned tropical island. They will be forced to scavenge for completely randomized weapons, ammunitions, and traps that have been left across the island. A lethal force-field slowly closes in over the arena, slowing forcing towards the middle of the island where those who survive will battle the last players left standing.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 08:06:58 PM by McZealot »

The weapon pack is good but annoying to use.

where we dropping at

use this

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=315844.0
Imo part of the appeal is the "clunkiness" of the current ray-casting weapons. With regular weapons it would just be a DM on a large map. But the scavanging for items--wondering how much ammo you should carry versus bringing a medkit or a grenade, or trying to figure out which mag is still loaded--add a lot of realistic issues to high-tension scenarios. Instead of simplying pressing "R" and waiting for your gun to reload, you have direct control of the speed by which it re-arms. You can also make a decision about whether it would be safer to swap to a different gun. Every magazine has an inventory slot, which stops people from stockpiling weapons or relying on a single strategy throughout the game.

Also, because they raycast rather than fire projectiles, you wont be able to dodge a bullet at close range or have to fire ahead of someone because ridiculously slow bullets wont reach them before they move.

remove all weapons
people must battle with tic tac toe

mczealots island of sin

Imo part of the appeal is the "clunkiness" of the current ray-casting weapons. With regular weapons it would just be a DM on a large map. But the scavanging for items--wondering how much ammo you should carry versus bringing a medkit or a grenade, or trying to figure out which mag is still loaded--add a lot of realistic issues to high-tension scenarios. Instead of simplying pressing "R" and waiting for your gun to reload, you have direct control of the speed by which it re-arms. You can also make a decision about whether it would be safer to swap to a different gun. Every magazine has an inventory slot, which stops people from stockpiling weapons or relying on a single strategy throughout the game.

Also, because they raycast rather than fire projectiles, you wont be able to dodge a bullet at close range or have to fire ahead of someone because ridiculously slow bullets wont reach them before they move.
blockombat is raycasting too and you put down so many item spawns its hardly even scavenging.

How much to be one of those snobby elitists watching as these savages go for each other's throats as I sip my wine and smoke a pipe from a high tower/blimp

it was alright once i got used to it, i think one of the things that confused me at first was the fact that you could get a weapon but no ammo for that weapon like in other BR games
also it's kinda confusing when some of the ammo looks the same so you can't rly tell if it's for your gun unless you drop something if you need to and pick it up first
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 05:06:07 PM by gr8dayseth »