What's some good stuff you've found at a local thrift store

Author Topic: What's some good stuff you've found at a local thrift store  (Read 1444 times)

Did you find some shattered Magnavox TV, or maybe a Gamecube without the controllers? Lay it on me.

I've found a couple cool vintage shirts, 90's cowboys and a stars stanley cup shirt. I have a buddy that goes to thrift shops and sells like vintage shirts that he buys and has made a good bit of $ doing so

a piece of cardboard from the dumpster outside

really nice looking classic vibe series squier. was marked down to about $120. played really nice too. wish i had the money when i saw that, i would have bought it instantly

About five years ago I found a cartridge of photo slides which were taken fifty years prior. Some of them were labeled with the names of various European countries, and based on the people in some of the photos it looked like they were taken by a family while on vacation. How they could afford to travel around Europe like that, I'll never know. Someone in that family must have died and their descendants decided to get rid of the photos because they had no attachment to them, because I don't know how else they would have wound up in that thrift store. The big takeaway here is that sentimentality dies with you, I guess. #realprofoundhours

I scanned them all and uploaded all the interesting ones to my seldom-used tumblr here. Most of the uninteresting ones were too blurry to see anything, so you're not missing out on anything.

i got an xbox 360 steering wheel controller for 5 bucks and it works perfectly

I got this sweet mouse with five buttons that I can actually use without cramping

I think these are my three luckiest finds at thrift stores.

The sad part about this haul was that they had a ton of other possibly late gen NES games that they threw out because they were damaged like double dragon vs battle toads.

Thank god they kept at least that one because it's like an 80 dollar nes game.

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw this hanging with random toys for 2 bucks.

This was stuffed in with the board games, was pretty neat to find.

Edit: I also found the hall of Jeff Gordon:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 08:09:18 PM by Rotondo »

i spy some metroid games

the only things i really look for in thrift stores are designer clothes. i got a really nice calvin klein jacket for only like $10 once

I've only been to a thrift store 2 times in my life, both times just to buy a suit for myself lol

Mario Kart Double Dash for $5

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw this hanging with random toys for 2 bucks.

what the forget

hmm off the top of my head...

• metroid prime $2
  • smash bros brawl $2
  • monster hunter 3 $2
  • sega genesis 6 button controller $2
  • gba $5
  • fire emblem $3
  • ps1 in box $20
  • xbox 360 controllers $3 each
  • deus ex HR new $3
  • absurd amounts of old scrap pc's around $20 or less
  • JVC X'EYE $200 (ok is a lot but normally is twice as much or more online)

i know i'm forgetting some of the better ones. i used to go to this awesome local thrift store weekly, but i don't go to thrift stores as much after i started using offerup (which i've gotten way, WAY better deals on)

i used to go to this awesome local thrift store weekly, but i don't go to thrift stores as much after i started using offerup (which i've gotten way, WAY better deals on)

dude nice sponsorship

I got a $170 bearpaw coat for $30 at the bargain whatever in bass pro if that counts