Poll

hawaii bill

good choice
undecided
loving gay

Author Topic: [news] [sensitive] hawaii bill allows terminally ill patients to commit Self Delete  (Read 3598 times)

Hawaii should now pass a bill to allow assisted Self Delete and euthanasia.

right to life, right to death. obviously Self Delete is terrible and anyone who feels suicidal should definitely call the hotline and talk to someone about it and you should always try to talk people out of ending their life. but still, if you really want to end your life for any reason, i mean, thats okay. its not like you can punish someone for committing Self Delete.

i personally would hate to be terminally ill and have to sit in the hospital having my colostomy bag changed every few hours waiting for death. i'd rather just go on my way and peace out cuz i mean im gunna die eventually why should i be forced to suffer?

I read the topic as mentally ill and got super confused and suspicious and idk I guess I just can't read anyway. p sure other states have passed similar measures and I don't see what you being suicidal has to do with it unless you have a diagnosed terminal illness w less than 6 months to live but go off I guess

i mean if it's a terminal illness that's going to leave you miserable for the rest of your shortened life and you don't want your family to watch you suffer like that/don't want your family to go into debt trying to delay the inevitable then like. ???

Voluntary euthanasia for terminally ill people is 100% a good thing. We've passed it in a couple of states (I know Oregon is one of them) and all of the big concerns people had with it were shown to be non-issues.

People assume sorta axiomatically that continuing to live is a good thing, but if you have stage IV pancreatic cancer and live in constant pain because the nerves in your abdomen are being crushed by an incurable tumor, death is a hugely preferable option. No reason they shouldn't be able to take that option with the aid of a trained medical professional.

Good. Terminally ill people should be able to choose to die on their own terms with the assistance of a provider.

there shouldn't be laws in place that prevent voluntary euthanasia in the first place tho

people should have the right to commit Self Delete if they please.

people should have the right to commit Self Delete if they please.
The only amendment I would make to this is if someone is in some kind of psychological crCIA and making a rash, temporary decision. Police officers and fire fighters and such should definitely be able to stop someone who is about to jump off a bridge or building.

The only amendment I would make to this is if someone is in some kind of psychological crCIA and making a rash, temporary decision. Police officers and fire fighters and such should definitely be able to stop someone who is about to jump off a bridge or building.

public stunts of course should not be allowed. it's a strain on city resources to stop you from causing a scene or scraping your body off the concrete. but if you just want to swallow some painkillers silently in your room, then it's fine.

but if you just want to swallow some painkillers silently in your room, then it's fine.
Still a bad thing IMO since many people who do that aren't in a great state of mind, but there's obviously no way to legislatively prevent that from happening.

wtf is this thread even, is this just op posting some kid on discord's emo teenage angst or actual news or what

goddammit did you switch to decaf OP? c'mon get it together