AutoPlateTerrain - Quickly plate 4x cubescape terrain!

Author Topic: AutoPlateTerrain - Quickly plate 4x cubescape terrain!  (Read 5280 times)

AutoPlateTerrain
Version 1.0

Plate your cubescape terrain with a script instead of manually!

GIF showing how it works

Use /plateBoxedTerrain (Admin-only) with a duplication box over a section of terrain to plate the terrain. Box must be aligned or else results may not be as expected. Plates will take the ownership of the brick they're planted on, so admins can plate other people's terrain without needing their trust.

Plates will only plan on top of bricks under the Cubes and Plain subcategory of the Baseplate category. They'll also be plated with the color of your paintcan.

/clearLastPlatedTerrain will clear the last set of generated plated terrain, while /clearPlatedTerrain will clear all generated plated terrain.

Placing bricks will lag on very big areas of terrain, but usually not more than for a few seconds (The picture above took 2-3 seconds for me, after scan). Be careful about doing it on too large of an area.

Download
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:58:14 PM by Conan »

beautiful, great work Conan, this will come in very handy

what is "plating terrain" though? i don't understand what this mod is supposed to do.

what is "plating terrain" though? i don't understand what this mod is supposed to do.
watch the gif

oh so its literally just a grass generator?

also does it optimize plate size? as in it doesnt just exclusively use 4x4 plates, but 4x8, 8x8, 16x16, when possible, etc.?

oh so its literally just a grass generator?

also does it optimize plate size? as in it doesnt just exclusively use 4x4 plates, but 4x8, 8x8, 16x16, when possible, etc.?
yeah it attempts to optimize. that's the picture in the OP: its showing the different plate sizes used, differentiated by color

i cant say its 100% optimized, but its basically the same as if you just manually plated it yourself (attempt to place largest baseplates/plates first, then fill in gaps with smaller ones). the difference is that it takes only a few seconds to do instead of 15 minutes or more
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 04:40:43 PM by Conan »

ah ok cool. thanks for the clarification

This would be super useful if you could plate modter terrain with x8 1/4 ramps and baseplates

This would be super useful if you could plate modter terrain with x8 1/4 ramps and baseplates
tbh i could actually, this is a neat idea

will consider later

Minecraft has never looked so good. ¹º/¹º

yeah it attempts to optimize. that's the picture in the OP: its showing the different plate sizes used, differentiated by color

i cant say its 100% optimized, but its basically the same as if you just manually plated it yourself (attempt to place largest baseplates/plates first, then fill in gaps with smaller ones). the difference is that it takes only a few seconds to do instead of 15 minutes or more
beautiful elegant solution. tommybricksetti must be stressing right now seeing all this awesome code you wrote

beautiful elegant solution. tommybricksetti must be stressing right now seeing all this awesome code you wrote
0 bucks says he wont post here