[NEWS] Switch completely compromised, anti-hacks police spergs

Poll

What's your stance on console modding

They are bad
4 (16.7%)
Good
20 (83.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: [NEWS] Switch completely compromised, anti-hacks police spergs  (Read 2668 times)

Holy loving stuff, get a load of this.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/hacker_praises_nintendos_switch_security_efforts_but_says_console_is_completely_compromised

The article, in itself is fine. It's just the loving spergs in the comments that put the cherry on top.

There's only a few loving people who actually know what the word "Homebrew" means. Everybody else spergs over different stuff

Oh yeah, you might get a stroke from this.

The Good

The Bad

The Ugly

The Hideous

The Priased

This is just an example of a few good, and many handicapped people in the comment section. If I missed any other gems, send them here.

news comment sections by internet law always has handicaps. dunno what you expect here

news comment sections by internet law always has handicaps. dunno what you expect here

yeah, but this one is flooded with them. I only saw three guys who actually knew the facts out of about 200 comments, which isn't so hot.

gamers in general as a community has shown they arent really thinking past themselves or what they know, more than other niche communities. look at any drama or discussion about dlc or microtransactions or raising game prices or the cost of making games.

Console Gamers: WHERE ARE OUR MODS?!
Also Console Gamers: WTF, ARREST HACKERSS/MODDERSS!

I'd also like to take this time to point out, WHY THE forget
do console gamers call Mods Hacks and Hacks Mods?!?

When someone Cheats on a game on PC they're a Hacker, but if they cheat
on Console they are a Modder.

If someone mods their game on PC they're a Modder, but if they do the same
on Console they are a Hacker.

Wtf Console Gamers, fix your stuff.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:45:18 AM by Master Matthew² »

I'd also like to take this time to point out, WHY THE forget
do console gamers call Mods Hacks and Hacks Mods?!?

When someone Cheats on a game on PC they're a Hacker, but if they cheat
on Console they are a Modder.

If someone mods their game on PC they're a Modder, but if they do the same
on Console they are a Hacker.

Wtf Console Gamers, fix your stuff.

it's because you're a chuckleforget and put anything but spoilers in transparent color

also yes people on the Internet are stupid, particularly about Nintendo.

I'm glad we'll be able to do switch homebrewing and genuinely hope they don't patch

It would be nice for people who plan on playing games only available in other languages. Because now fan translations would be possible.

I'm glad we'll be able to do switch homebrewing and genuinely hope they don't patch

they can't. it's a hardware bug (edit clarification: nvidia tegra bug) that probably can't be patched without hardware revisions

personally i'm excited, a hack this wide would allow for a lot of cool stuff to be created for it like the wiiu and 3ds have
by the way, if anyone's interested, here's a big FAQ on the upcoming hack release, Fusée Gelée: http://www.ktemkin.com/faq-fusee-gelee/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 09:00:14 AM by The Murderous Cop »

As long as you have the first version of the hardware before the revision, no patch will fix this.

QUICK TIP: you can download some "non-nintendo" unverified games/programs on homebrew (i think).

QUICK TIP: you can download some "non-nintendo" unverified games/programs on homebrew (i think).

homebrew is what they are called, not what the are on.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 10:26:21 AM by GreenBH³ »

so if i bought the switch on launch i should be okay?