Author Topic: Quake-Like DM - Fourth Time's the Charm  (Read 1681 times)

It's back!

This 24/7 server is supposed to mimic the chaotic arena shooter action of games like Quake and Unreal Tournament, using Bushido's Quake Type weapons (and the FaecPwner).

There are currently five arenas:

qldm1

This arena is a three-level complex with a simple building style and simple textures. It has many ramps and neat geometry that you probably won't look at because you'll be too busy flying through the map at high speeds. The map includes three unique weapons, as well as lava pits.

qldm2

Indoor/Outdoor complex with many different ways to get around: teleporters, jump pads, etc.  The first asymmetrical map I made for this server.

qldm3

This arena is extra dangerous because it's floating in a void.  Six jump pads and a Faecpwner in the center.

qldm4

This asymmetrical indoor/outdoor map has many different levels and ways to forget over your enemies.

qldm5

This multi-level, evil giant castle has the most interactivity out of any of the maps.  When all of the tower's beams are powered on, something special happens.

qldm6

This is definitely the most Quake-like map I've made so far.  It takes much of its aesthetic from the first Quake game, especially the teleporters and the skybox.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 02:24:53 AM by Electrk.. »

aw sick i may try this again later

don't make the railgun instant kill its ridiculous how many kills i racked up with that

your creativity is astounding. i applaud your intricate map names

fr make the saw tomahawk armor piercing or something to make it do more damage bc it's harder to use than the railgun yet does less damage

i will never forget redconers genocide on the server that one time this was hosted...

The maps are really exquisite, but I'm not one for DMs myself.

railgun deals 300 damage which is an instantkill at full armor and health so please lower it

please lower the player speed a bit. blockland's netcode is horrible so any fast moving objects are nearly impossible to hit. it works in quake but it doesn't work in blockland

also remove qldm3 the entire map is just a falling hazard and that coupled with your fast movement speed makes the map entirely unplayable plus there's like a spawn that spawns you right in front of a pit so if you spawn holding W you'll basically die instantly. horrible map desing

Set railgun's damage to 100, so now it doesn't insta-kill you if you have armor.  Apparently I had set it ridiculously high for some reason; I don't remember why.  It's still insta-kill if you don't have armor, but it's a loving railgun what do you expect

Bumped up saw tomahawk's damage a bit.

Removed obnoxious holes in qldm3.  I don't know what I was thinking with those.  The map stays, but it's no longer as much of a falling hazard.

Great, wholesome server
Would recommend

make the railgun to 80 like it does in quake

make the railgun to 80 like it does in quake

I'm basing it off of Q3A's railgun, which does 100 damage