how do you make a hat?

Author Topic: how do you make a hat?  (Read 3727 times)

i have the obj file and textures but i just need some help making it into a hat because i don't know how.

blender would be a suitable application to use for this, you basically just need to get a DTS Plugin which can be found here and basically you need to scale the hat to properly fit the model of the head, and do whatever other tweaks you need for the hat, as well as compress it so there isn't many polygons then export it along with the textures into a folder, place it in a Rar Archive and done.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 07:12:37 AM by Potatoh »

blender would be a suitable application to use for this, you basically just need to get a DTS Plugin which can be found here and basically you need to scale the hat to properly fit the model of the head, and do whatever other tweaks you need for the hat, as well as compress it so there isn't many polygons then export it along with the textures into a folder, place it in a Rar Archive and done. 

you put it in a .zip

you put it in a .zip
Both work. I use WinRar just because I find it to be more simple.

< using .rar in 2018
That doesn't have any relevance to the topic.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:43:42 PM by Gautier00 »

That doesn't have any relevance to the topic.
its basically the least popular compression method in the entire universe. 99.9% of all blockland add-ons are made with ZIP because its easy to decompress and view the contents lol. you're suggesting to a complete novice that he use a dead format to distribute his add-ons

id use winrar for anything else but blocklandd

I didn't even know .rar worked with Blockland

...Does it?

I didn't even know .rar worked with Blockland

...Does it?

I've been using WinRar for like 9 years now, of course its still a Zip file when you package it for blockland. That's my bad for calling it a Rar archive, but its still what I use regardless I don't see anything wrong with it. WinZip just sucks ass imo.

uncheck that, it'll end your confusion for life