increased bot respawn time.

Author Topic: increased bot respawn time.  (Read 1664 times)

For some reason I can't go no higher than 360. Any way for me to increase this?

The server has to edit their side with $Game::Item::MaxRespawnTime

Note: $Game::Item::MaxRespawnTime is in milliseconds too (360000).

Where is this? I'm not seeing it anywhere.

It's a global variable initialized from the server, it is not saved anywhere. You have to modify it every time.

So where do I add it in then?

You don't need to "see" it anywhere. You put it in your console and it modifies the values. To see what it is currently at, you do echo($Game::Item::MaxRespawnTime); in your console.
Put it in your console. $Game::Item::MaxRespawnTime = newIntegerhere;. If you have eval, it's easier.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:53:26 AM by Blockz »

Is there a more simple way to do this like an add-on that does it automatically for me so I don't have to do it myself manually like every day?

In your console as $Game::Item::MaxRespawnTime = timeInMilliseconds;. You could put it in your prefs but they'll just be rewritten anyway (and it won't include your $Game pref since it only exports $Pref::Server::* stuff)

Is there a more simple way to do this like an add-on that does it automatically for me so I don't have to do it myself manually like every day?
No add-on is made to do this so it won't be available until someone makes it. I looked into the DSOs it seems it just initializes it so if someone basically just puts "$Game::Item::RespawnTime = timeMSHere;" in their add-on code it won't be rewritten (meaning it will work just fine when you the server loads). All you need is 1 line of code (from above) and it should work fine, unless the code that does the respawn time stuff has some stupid hard limit.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:56:59 AM by Kyuande »

Also this doesn't work because anything higher than 999 glitches and instantly respawns the bot instead of a delay.

Also this doesn't work because anything higher than 999 glitches and instantly respawns the bot instead of a delay.
That's because of the engine bug with schedules (number overload resets it to 0 usually on schedules), nothing you can really do to fix that. Why do you need it that long anyway?

That's because of the engine bug with schedules (number overload resets it to 0 usually on schedules), nothing you can really do to fix that. Why do you need it that long anyway?

I want bots to respawn every 5 minutes for balance.

I want bots to respawn every 5 minutes for balance.
You realize 360 seconds is 6 minutes right? Why extend it if they respawn every 5 minutes?

You realize 360 seconds is 6 minutes right? Why extend it if they respawn every 5 minutes?

Then how come it respawns in 10 seconds when I set it to 360?

Then how come it respawns in 10 seconds when I set it to 360?
I have no idea why that happens, are you in a minigame? Did you try being out of the minigame and see if the bot takes long to respawn?

Could just be some stupid bug. Try some testing, when I have time I'll see if I can reproduce the error.