Net Neutrality Ends April 27th

Author Topic: Net Neutrality Ends April 27th  (Read 13595 times)

lmao third worlder has unlimited and unrestricted access to the net
except everything hosted in America

except everything hosted in America
....... this website is hosted in america...... how would he be able to access it?

Apparently, net neutrality repealing isnt put into effect yet
It has to be approved by the office of management & budget on April 27th
Source:
https://twitter.com/fightfortheftr/status/986993528503971841

Net Neutrality dead on the day I go to a matinee screening of Infinity War? Bipolarizing.

wouldn't it just revert to the previous NN bill and re-establish it as a class 1 utility instead of a class 2
(and transfer it from the FCC to the FTC)

Underrated comment

80% of the loving populace disapproves of this stuff, yet they still are going to go through with it. So much for land of the free, where your voice doesn’t loving matter and everything is owned by rich republican friends like Ajit Pai. Dude literally fits the stereotype of your typical stuffty rich politician that couldn’t care less about the general populace, only to line his loving pockets. What a scummy loving piece of stuff. So let’s take a basic necessity like the internet, and monetize the forget out of it. Because we know the forgettards over at Time Warner and Comcast will absolutely love that. And the best part is, there’s nothing we can do about it other than cross our fingers and hope congress doesn’t go full handicap. God I loving hate Ajit Pai and all the bitches that supported him back in December.

Soooo we're just gonna keep ignoring PowerDag's truthful comment in favor of sperging out like a bunch of animals

meanwhile im sitting here with 25-100kBps internet actually used to it, might make a stuffernet survival guide

Soooo we're just gonna keep ignoring PowerDag's truthful comment in favor of sperging out like a bunch of animals
wouldn't it just revert to the previous NN bill and re-establish it as a class 1 utility instead of a class 2

i don't rly know much about this, what does this mean for us? i'm assuming it's a good thing?

i don't rly know much about this, what does this mean for us? i'm assuming it's a good thing?
As far as I know, Title II means the ISPs are designated as 'common carriers' which basically means that they are regulated in a similar way to other public utilities like electricity and gas providers. This regulation meant the ISPs couldn't do things like throttle traffic based on what the traffic was, blocking certain traffic and paid prioritization of traffic.

The 'end of net neutrality' is that the ISPs are being designated as Title I again, which subjects the ISPs to less oversight and regulation. The activities previously mentioned are allowed under Title I.

So it being 'just a title change' doesn't really minimize the impact - we're talking regulatory changes which are really broad in scope and detrimental to the end consumer and competitiveness of the market.

my fellow redditors........ we still have time