Warlords [TURN 7: AWO (4/4) & SELLING 2]

Poll

Technical

Keep as an upgrade to Pickup Truck.
3 (30%)
Allow as a standalone purchase as well as an upgrade.
7 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Warlords [TURN 7: AWO (4/4) & SELLING 2]  (Read 7333 times)

What is this?
At any point, hover over Navy text.

Warlords, or at least this game, is a top-down military strategy game where, put plainly and simply, you wage war against rivals and forge alliances with friends. Unlike most of my games, I have focused on making this as simple as possible.

Ok, cool. How do I play?

To start, simply paste this in a post and replace the [details] with information. Feel free to add more details, but this is the minimum:
Code: (Player Application) [Select]
[center][size=15pt][b][organization name][/b][/size][/center]

[b]Alliances:[/b] [list of alliances, when applicable]
[b]Faction:[/b] [faction to which you belong, if applicable. (If you aren't the one to start the faction, ask to join the faction you want)]
[b]Color:[/b] [color in hexadecimal]

[b]Starting Position:[/b] [post a picture of where on the map you would like to start]

Now, getting to the game, there are unit types. I'll list them in a table below for you.

Buildings/Static Weapons Platforms
*Note that bases can stack up to twice it's Population capacity in movable units, but they cannot attack from this position.

Small Base – A small base.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 2 | HP: 9 | SPD: 0 | PRICE: ??? | CAPACITY: 5 Population | ATTACK RANGE: no attack

Medium Base – A medium base. Acts as an upgrade on your small base.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 3 | HP: 12 | SPD: 0 | PRICE: 65 | CAPACITY: 10 Population | ATTACK RANGE: no attack

Large Base – A large base. Acts as an upgrade on your small or medium base.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 3 | HP: 15 | SPD: 0 | PRICE: 125 | CAPACITY: 20 Population | ATTACK RANGE: no attack

Missile Silo (WAL-680) – A cruise missile silo manufactured by Wayne-Leonard Engineering. Great for dealing damage to faraway targets. Must be built adjacent to your base. Fires up to 1 missile per turn.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 3 | HP: 5 | SPD: 0 | PRICE: 200 | CAPACITY: none | ATTACK RANGE: (See Missiles section.)

Missiles

Short-Range Missile (WAL-1250) – A short-range SSM manufactured by Wayne-Leonard Engineering. Great for dealing damage to advancing targets. Fired only from a Missile Silo.
DMG: 4 | PRICE: 0 | ATTACK RANGE: 6

Mid-Range Missile (WAL-2250) – A mid-range TBM manufactured by Wayne-Leonard Engineering. Great for dealing damage to distant targets. Fired only from a Missile Silo.
DMG: 7 | PRICE: 75 | ATTACK RANGE: 16

Long-Range Missile (WAL-7500) – A long-range non-nuclear ICBM manufactured by Wayne-Leonard Engineering. Great for dealing damage to very far away targets and then some. Fired only from a Missile Silo.
DIRECT DMG: 10 | PRICE: 150 | ATTACK RANGE: ∞ | SPLASH DMG: 3 | SPLASH RADIUS: 1

Vehicles/Deployable Weapons Platforms

&
Troop Transport (C-450 "Mule") – A small truck for carrying troops, fitted with weapons and munitions storage bins for optimal travel. Manufactured by Caravan, Inc.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 1 | HP: 3 | SPD: 4 | PRICE: 25 | CAPACITY: 1 Infantry | ATTACK RANGE: no attack

Infantry Fighting Vehicle (IFV-20 "Wolf") – A mobile multiple weapons platform fitted with an auto-cannon and machine-guns purposed for preventing passage of infantry. Manufactured by Integrated Ballistics.
ATK: 3 | DEF: 3 | HP: 5 | SPD: 4 | PRICE: 50 | CAPACITY: none | ATTACK RANGE: 1

Battle Tank (BT-60 "Lion") – An armored weapons platform outfitted with a main cannon and a machine-gun. Manufactured by Integrated Ballistics.
ATK: ??? | DEF: 4 | HP: 8 | SPD: 2 | PRICE: 75 | CAPACITY: none | ATTACK RANGE: 2

Pickup Truck (V-12A "Courier") – An unarmored pickup truck used for carrying small amounts of cargo. Manufactured by Venture Corp.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 1 | HP: 2 | SPD: 5 | PRICE: 10 | CAPACITY: 10 Point-Cargo | ATTACK RANGE: no attack

Technical (V-12B "Fox") – An unarmored pickup truck converted into a combat vehicle by mounting a machine-gun to it's bed. Manufactured by Venture Corp. and modified with arms and munitions from Integrated Ballistics. If upgrading from a Pickup Truck, there must be a Pickup Truck unit stored at your base in order to upgrade it.
ATK: 3 | DEF: 1 | HP: 3 | SPD: 4 | PRICE: ??? | CAPACITY: none | ATTACK RANGE: 1

Cargo Truck (V-22 "Cargo") – An unarmored box truck designed for hauling moderate amounts of cargo. Manufactured by Venture Corp.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 2 | HP: 3 | SPD: 3 | PRICE: 20 | CAPACITY: 25 Point-Cargo | ATTACK RANGE: no attack

Heavy Carrier (V-47 "Crawler") – A heavily-armored cargo carrier, basically a freight train without the rails and plus a more-than-modest amount of armor. Purposed for carrying huge hauls. Manufactured by Venture Corp.
ATK: 0 | DEF: 4 | HP: 7 | SPD: 1 | PRICE: 60 | CAPACITY: 75 Point-Cargo | ATTACK RANGE: no attack

&
Artillery (WAL-155 "Gorilla") – A set of truck-towable field guns that can be deployed just prior to firing. Cannot attack in the same turn as deployment and packing up. Deployment requires no other unit type except Infantry and artillery on the tile. Infantry is required to man Artillery. If destroyed while manned, then it reverts to the Infantry that were manning it at 50% health. Manufactured by Wayne-Leonard Engineering.
ATK: ??? | DEF: 1 | HP: 3 | SPD: 3 | PRICE: 60 | CAPACITY: none | ATTACK RANGE: 3

Infantry

Infantry – Multi-focus foot-soldiers armed with rifles and anti-vehicle weapons. Can navigate through forested tiles.
ATK: 2 | DEF: 2 | HP: 2 | SPD: 2 | PRICE: 10 | CAPACITY: none | ATTACK RANGE: 1

Jeez! Are you done yet?!
Almost. Just gotta mention a few rules on how some of these units work.

Rules of Engagement
(Or just how the units work)

• You begin with 25 points to spend.
  • You cannot create combat units if your base has reached population capacity.
  • No unit may move on water.
  • Only Infantry can move through forests.
  • Clearing a forest yields a dropped 5 points and can be done by moving to the tile using any unit, and clearing it. Doing this, however, sacrifices your combat capabilities, so it's best not to clear forests while enemies are nearby. Additionally, clearing a forest will eat up any movement that you have free.
  • Per-player turn order is currently randomized.
  • You gain points by destroying units or bases, retrieving randomized point drops, called "supply drops" or "troves", or clearing a forest. Units gained from destroying units and bases, and clearing forests are automatically deposited into your treasury. Points dropped randomly or by destroying a unit or base are left on the tile on which they were destroyed, and must be carried back to base before it can be deposited back into the treasury.
  • If your base is destroyed and you have 50% or more of that base's capacity of units, then you can retreat to any tile within 5 tiles of your recently-destroyed base that is not A) occupied by any unit or building, B) within 2 tiles of a non-allied unit, or not within 1 tile of any current base. If you meet all these conditions successfully in one or more tiles, a small base will be built in whichever tile of your choice qualifies. You will keep your treasury. If you do not meet these conditions, it's game over.
  • Yes, you can donate points to other players. You just need to carry it to them in a cargo vehicle.
  • You may only have 1 unit per tile unless it is something which appropriately pairs with that other unit. Troop transports & Infantry, and any units stacked at a base are the only exceptions.
  • Move order is as follows:
    • Deployables Pack-ups
    • Missile Strikes
    • Unit Movement
    • Point Pickups
    • Interception Attacks
    • Ranged Attacks
    • Guarding Counterattacks
    • Regular Attacks
    • Reactive Counterattacks
    • Tactical Retreats
    • Deployments
    • Automatic Diplomatic Adjustments

Players

Player   |   Organization   |   Faction
lykakspars   |   Plantor   |   none : (SELLING)
Agent Legit 22   |   The Emperor's Guard   |   IWBM
Zoltan   |   The People's Republic of Stazia   |   none
cHeEsEpIzZa2   |   Champions Corner   |   none : (SELLING)
Snaked_Snake   |   Warbonshire   |   IWBM

Factions

Code: (Faction Application*) [Select]
[center][size=15pt][b][faction name][/b][/size][/center]

[b]Members:[/b] [list of members]
[b]Leader:[/b] [faction leader]
[b]Color:[/b] [color in hexadecimal]

[b]Alliances:[/b] [individual organizations who are jointly allied with the entire faction]

Faction Name   |   № Members
Imperial Warmongering Buttbuddies of Mars   |   2

Rules
"I thought we already had rules?!"
(Not game operation rules. Just have a read.)

• Be a good sport. You can even backstab your friends, but don't be rubbing it in their face or anything. Keep that to PMs, DMs & Discord. I don't want to see that here.
  • Respect GMs. We respect the dice. So should you.
  • If you throw a fit in the thread, you will be ejected from the game and all your assets will be lost.
  • Refer to this for covert actions and communications:
    Judging that everyone seemed to want privacy in the poll, I made a barebones Discord to handle inter-faction communications and move submissions all in one place.

Special Thanks
Special thanks to TristanLuigi, who will be the GM and Media Manager while I am getting new computer components/getting a new computer altogether.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:37:58 PM by SWAT One »

Maps
(Click for full size.)
Physical

Political

[Sons of Mars]

Alliances: The imperial warmongering buttbuddies of mars
Faction: none
Color: 990000
Desc: A mercenary group which usualy hires from the mediterranean.

Starting Position:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 07:43:13 AM by cromartini »

Sons of Mars
Accepted on the condition that you select the tile that you want your base on.

[Plantor]

Alliances: none
Color: 8FD600

Starting Position:

Plantor
Accepted on the condition that you select the tile that you want your base on.

Thanks.

heck, isn't it a little tough to manage these forum games all at once?

Thanks!

heck, isn't it a little tough to manage these forum games all at once?
Nah, I got a full time job and a wife and I make it happen. Helps to just also make combat calculators so they handle all the hard work for you.

Will add players to the roster when I get home.

The Emperor's Guard

Alliances: None
    Color: #1F4221

Starting Position:

[/list]
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 04:29:18 PM by Agent Legit 22 »

The Emperor's Guard
    Accepted.

I'm currently ironing things out as far as getting people to assist with hosting resources while I don't have a usable computer. Game may go live beforehand.

will combat be like a mini total war or will it be "Which army has more unit/stat stacks wins"

I may be filling in as hosting service for SWAT One until such time as he is able to procure a working personal computer and assume control as the game master. I have not received any official news that i will fill in for hosting, but i simply want to note that it is likely.

will combat be like a mini total war or will it be "Which army has more unit/stat stacks wins"
    The latter, I guess? I made a system of dice rolls involved. I've never played Total War.

I may be filling in as hosting service for SWAT One until such time as he is able to procure a working personal computer and assume control as the game master. I have not received any official news that i will fill in for hosting, but i simply want to note that it is likely.
    Can confirm as long as TristanLuigi/TristanBomb is on for map editing in the interim. Once I have a working computer again, I will be back to host as normal.

Seeing that the poll is unanimous, I'm going to conclude it now.
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 12:48:21 PM by SWAT One »