Hôtel de Ville de Montréal (WIP)

Author Topic: Hôtel de Ville de Montréal (WIP)  (Read 2244 times)

Montreal City Hall (French: Hôtel de Ville de Montréal) serves as the seat of the city's local government. Situated in Old Montreal, not far from the St. Lawrence river. The first rendition of the building was completed in 1878, but was damaged by fire in early 1922. The building was rebuilt, giving it a new, Beaux-Arts style roof which utilized copper rather then slate tiles for it's roofing material.

I decided to build this building after encountering it shortly after my winter semester of university ended. The back is yet to be constructed, as well as any sort of interior; as accuracy in this case is key, and there is no floor plan available online.

Photo of the building in the fall. The roofing has since been cleaned, revealing it's original copper tinge.

Facade of the building, looking North-west-west.

Angle of the building, looking from the intersection of Rue Notre-Dame Est and Place Jacques-Cartier.

Angle of the building, looking from The intersection of Rue Notre-Dame Est and Rue Saint-Claude

I've seen this in game. Honestly really good. Now make the interiors.

it has a classic "2010 building clan style" to it and im really digging it. NWB museum anyone?

good job

holy stuff this is hot

thats a yes from me! good job!

i thought it was a low poly 3d model from far away but then i zoomed in

nice job

man i wish i could build.exe

Holy stuff this is stuffing, can't wait to see more!

Really sweet bro. Thought not the most exciting building for me, but job well done.