Author Topic: Blockland Forums and GDPR compliance  (Read 1185 times)

With less than a month to go, how will Badspot implement GDPR compliance? Will the forums be limited to non-EU countries?

Countdown until GDPR

from GDPR site:
personal data is any information relating to an individual, whether it relates to his or her private, professional or public life. It can be anything from a name, a home address, a photo, an email address

amazing so basically banking websites and any website that you need to enter your personal information on that exists outside the EU is going to be blocked to EU users what a way to go

With less than a month to go, how will Badspot implement GDPR compliance? Will the forums be limited to non-EU countries?
the only way badspot can realistically implement GDPR compliance is prevent people from entering their e-mail addresses, which is basically impossible
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:14:12 PM by thegoodperry »

I doubt he'd need to do anything unless he's got servers in the EU or there are transactions occurring with customers in the EU that are tied directly to the forums, which a Blockland key might qualify as with a bit of stretching (considering you need one to post here) but then again what the forget would be the consequences for an American entity not complying with a foreign l-

so basically banking websites and any website that you need to enter your personal information on that exists outside the EU is going to be blocked to EU users what a way to go
haha oh wow what a load of stuff. how the hell do they even expect to enforce this to any effective degree? are they gonna hire a forgetin taskforce to comb the internet for non-compliant sites all day?

it also means websites like Steam will be inaccessible to EU users because an e-mail address is basically required to keep your account secure. This might mean that websites like that will have to open up a second server based in the EU that uses a completely different login/security systrem

forget is a GPDR
its a directive that will block any websites that interact with EU users and require e-mail addresses or names.

I don't think I'm reading the same stuff yall are lmao

yeah I think you guys are misinterpreting it lol

it seems to say explicitly that it's ok with consent. providing your email when you sign up is pretty obvious consent for allowing them to use your email for login purposes lol. plus a requirement for TLS which is great, any website handling any personal information and not using TLS is just being irresponsible, especially considering it's free to use now thanks to letsencrypt

its a directive that will block any websites that interact with EU users and require e-mail addresses or names.
that's the most naive interpretation i've ever heard
it requires that personal information be stored exclusively with consent and that it's stored securely
there's nothing in there that will force people to block EU countries