trying to hook up a tv to my computer

Author Topic: trying to hook up a tv to my computer  (Read 931 times)

okay so I hooked up the tv to my computer using a hdmi-displayport adapter so I could use it as a third monitor, and it's working like a monitor but there are a few problems

the first one I don't know if it's a problem or just a thing with the TV specs but the colors seem extremely saturated and there seems to be a barely noticeable blue tint (that or it saturates blue more than the other colors)

there's that and there's a good amount of the screen that's cut off
it's about half the taskbar cut off from top, bottom and sides
I would say it's a resolution problem but what's on the screen is pretty clean-cut and not fuzzy so IDK

anyone got any suggestions

anyone got any suggestions
you can adjust all of these in your TV's settings menu

Edit: Whoops wrong universe

If your TV has a screen adjust/size option, use that. It sounds like it's stretching the image to fit its aspect ratio. Which is why you can't see your taskbar.

As for the color, fiddle around with your RGB settings see if you can find something that looks nice.

okay so there's a "fit-to-screen" option so I did that and it works
I was also able to sort of correct the color so everything is good now

is there a way to figure out the resolution of the television so that I can play blockland on it without it stretching the image

is there a way to figure out the resolution of the television so that I can play blockland on it without it stretching the image

enjoy playing blockland with input lag

right click desktop

adjust screen resolution

enjoy playing blockland with input lag
this is why i hate playing games on console. like every single tv in existence has input lag and even putting it on 'game' mode only helps it 'a little'

is it 1080p? or 1080i.

just manually resize it to fit regardless.

and it will always look like stuff because even a great TV is 10x stufftier than a mediocre computer monitor.

it's negligible on this tv

how do I move blockland between monitors

I'm trying to drag it onto the television and close it out because that's what works with everything else but it's still opening on the main monitor

my best guess would be use google