Author Topic: [news] school shooting Santa Fe highschool  (Read 8985 times)

nobody has brought up the fact that the father didn't even own a gun safe and the shooter basically nabbed the guns from his father for the shooting. is nobody going to bring up such an injustice in gun safety?

This is actually a really good point since the shooter (17 years old) wouldn't of been able to purchase the guns legally anyway. One of the things Australia does right with their gun control laws is requiring a gun-safe.

And a secure one at that. You have to buy from a list of approved safes, and it has to be installed securely, and then inspected. Probably a little overboard but I wouldn't actually mind if this was made law, expensive tho

yeah gun safes should basically be a requirement. doesn't matter how expensive it is, it's a huge part of the safety. if someone cared about their safety anyways they'd own a gun safe on fear that someone else in their household could find their gun and use it on them lol.

for now though, i think the father should definitely be charged with some sort of careless use of firearms charge and have his license revoked. it may not directly be his fault but he didnt actually practice proper gun safety and as a result this whole incident happened.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 02:35:58 PM by thegoodperry »

this happens every time the left loses the debate; rather than concede or alter their arguments, they just change the language behind it so that it becomes so general that there's no way that you can disagree with them

like when they changed "global warming" to "climate change" because you can't contest something as vague as "the climate is always changing"

you can't be against "common-sense gun reform" can you? what are you, insane

dude just give it a loving rest

yeah gun safes should basically be a requirement. doesn't matter how expensive it is, it's a huge part of the safety. if someone cared about their safety anyways they'd own a gun safe on fear that someone else in their household could find their gun and use it on them lol.

for now though, i think the father should definitely be charged with some sort of careless use of firearms charge and have his license revoked. it may not directly be his fault but he didnt actually practice proper gun safety and as a result this whole incident happened.

Yeah, 100%. I'm all for gun ownership, but bad stuff always comes from negligence. This might never have happened if the kid couldn't get his hands on his dad's gun.

like when they changed "global warming" to "climate change" because you can't contest something as vague as "the climate is always changing"
i'm loving speechless

also i love how everyone is just fighting with each other over stupid issues like labels for guns and the shooters affiliation when nobody has brought up the fact that the father didn't even own a gun safe and the shooter basically nabbed the guns from his father for the shooting.

is nobody going to bring up such an injustice in gun safety? i've said this a couple times before but i think gun safes should be required in order to own a firearm

this is the only common sense gun reform

yeah gun safes should basically be a requirement.
See, I support laws requiring safe storage, but I think full out safes are a bit overlook. They're huge, heavy, and expensive, and having the means to own a safe should not be a barrier to entry to be able to protect your and your family's lives.
Something like a locking trigger guard or a cable through the chamber/barrel may be sufficient.
Also, thinking that simply having and using the safe would fix everything is a bit naive. You also need to ensure that family members aren't able to gain access to the safe key and/or combination

But weren't the combat weapons based on the AR-15?]
Doesn't really matter. What matters is that they're very different.
But all people see is "it's black and scary looking"

This article blows. Nowhere did they mention that the shooter used a shotgun and a revolver (and homemade loving bombs) but somehow still managed to work 'combat guns' somewhere in there. Standing on the graves, as usual. They're not even hiding it anymore lmfao
Every shooting is an opportunity to push an agenda.
Also see: March For Our Lives pushing for a ban on magazines larger than ten rounds, saying the Parkland shooter wouldn't have been able to kill as many people if he had smaller magazines..... Despite the fact that the shooter used 10-round mags

is this an implicit statement of your belief that climate change doesnt exist? although i agree with the "common-sense gun reform" term being bullstuff, climate change was deliberately renamed cause "global warming" misled people to believe it only involves an increase in temperatures around the globe and that any decrease in local average temperature = its false.

true, its definitely a global upward increase in temperature on average, but its not only that - its also an increase in extreme weather, which means worse winters in some places. and its indisputably happening.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:04:55 PM by Conan »

what do you mean by properly
                                     if you were you wouldn't be asking

*Chuckling*
shut the forget up with this dismissive nonsense
*Chucklingintensifies*

there’s a good chance that my family and myself own more firearms than anyone on this site
That being said, as a gun owner there are a lot of things you can do to prevent these sort of shootings that don’t require banning guns outright. Phantos, rally, ike, and headcrab have all provided really great ideas for things that would actually reduce school shootings on this page. I’ve always held the belief that abolishing most “gun free” zones in conjunction with a national concealed carry law would do wonders. Not knowing what licensed adult would have a gun would be a pretty strong detterant. It’s a shame the utter morons of the liberal gun control crowd and the NRA are who dominate this discussion(come on NRA, you picked OLIVER NORTH?)
also: it’s times like these i’m thankful leasurestuff918 is banned
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 07:21:43 PM by Grimlock² »

Liesure was a troll anyways, really take everything he says with a grain of salt.

what the hell

why so many this past year

Because the global elite are staging them

why is this thread still going

hey guys i hope im not being tribal but how was your guys day today

hey guys i hope im not being tribal but how was your guys day today
im cancelling your job