beta oddities

Author Topic: beta oddities  (Read 2730 times)

going through some old beta images, found some weird stuff, posted them here.

different stuff

blue badspot name

different blonde hair

the bottom hud

armor

stuff that isn't there anymore

circle road

weird blurry print

blue arrow, cut from the game I think.

unfinished stuff

old spraycan

no-plug outlet

no-vent vent

there's also a picture of the beta avatar screen, but it 404'd and I can't find it's link so I can pop it into wayback.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:14:08 AM by GreenBH³ »

the roundabout road looks quite usefull idk why they removed it

the roundabout road looks quite usefull idk why they removed it

somebody should remake it

i compiled an album of all beta images found a while earlier. if you have any that aren't here pls pm/contact me and il add them:

https://imgur.com/a/wuaxf

theres also some really old beta videos in various places, such as on badspot.us and on youtube

also another thing i should point out:

this image doesn't even look as if there is a vent, and there definitely isnt a clock there either!

this print is dated january 26 2007, and has been part of blockland since the very beginning (v1) until now

EDIT: almost all of the content in blockland v1 is dated 26/01/2007, so it probably wasnt actually made then as the dates were probably overwritten. (oddly enough some other files, such as the playermodel, are dated later then this date!)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 12:35:46 PM by K3k0m@n »

i think the blurry thing is
the keyboard print we have now
mostly because theres a small rainbow thing like on the one we have now

i think the blurry thing is
the keyboard print we have now
mostly because theres a small rainbow thing like on the one we have now
Actually from what i can tell, it is a keyboard but it is not the same. It seems more like a regular keyboard than a ZX Spectrum.

am i the only one who thinks the beta playertype looks way better than the current one

am i the only one who thinks the beta playertype looks way better than the current one
Obviously not the only one.
But one of the very few.

Badspot isn't allowed to use the old beta playertype as it is too reminiscent of Lego's patented mini-figs.
Same reason as to why Blockland does not use the old LEGO studs.

Lego's patented mini-figs.
dude
the patent expired in 2011

I really want the Beta playertype as a mod, across all servers by changing m.dts or something. I really want that

The new studs look way better than the old ones. But i would take the beta playertype over the new one everyday.

Yeah no, that looks pretty gross.

y'know i like the bootleg Lego aesthetic over actual Lego. Also, beta/alpha stuff is always interesting to me