34 (64.2%)
no, i dream often, but can't remember them
3 (5.7%)
no, i don't dream very often
10 (18.9%)
no, i don't have dreams
2 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: do you remember your dreams  (Read 2485 times)

i usually remember my dreams in extremely vivid detail, so that made me wonder how many others actually remember their dreams in any sort of detail. that's why there's a poll.

since there's not much discussion to be had if there's just a poll, you can also share any dreams that you remember. i think those are interesting to read, sometimes.

also: what's the deal with lucid dreaming? has anyone here successfully done that on purpose?

i used to have problems remembering my dreams at all as of recent but i actually remembered some recently

one of them i was still going to high school and i thought it would be a good idea to cut my phone in half for whatever reason. i thought about it for a while and eventually i was like "eh what the hell" and cut it with the cover on it and everything. it still worked fine for a while but it eventually started messing up and then logic came to mind and i was like "wait why did i think this was a good idea" then i woke up

i can't remember stuff from 5 seconds ago let alone my loving dreams

Also as far as justification goes, I don't speak for the people that caused this argument in the first place, but I get the feeling that everyone's sick of other users getting their entertainment at the expense of everyone else.
Also as far as justification goes, I don't speak for the people that caused this argument in the first place, but I get the feeling that everyone's sick of other users getting their entertainment at the expense of everyone else.

DUIE FURRY BLOUKFACE forget ME YASS

everyone dreams

also, i only barely remember them

usually i'll remember bits and pieces of them, but sometimes i have dreams that i remember and they leave me feeling weird for the rest of the day

if i write them down then i basically cant forget them. its the remembering to write them that's the hard part

the more vivid ones yeah
I still remember this one dream i had like two years ago, I was a drug a dealer in the 80's and I had a triple black porsche 911 turbo.

it depends if ive smoked weed that day or the day before, if i do then i dont remember anything, if i dont i basically have almost-lucid dreams, theyre a lot of fun

DUIE FURRY BLOUKFACE forget ME YASS
you can stop pasting this quote pyramid everywhere

also, isn't it against the rules to make obnoxious quote pyramids?

edit: nevermind they're banned
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:38:52 PM by Superfun909 »

y͇͓͉̪̭̙͓̥͑͊͋͋͌̑̌̊͐ẻ̠̫̟̩̼̉s͓̩̦͈ͦ̉̀͝ͅ

I have a hard time to remember most of my dreams so I can't tell if I dream often or not.

for some of them i do. sometimes its just the general idea or specific parts of it that i remember, other times its the entire story. a lot of my dreams play out as bizarre but action/drama filled short stories

yeah. it's a skill that can be nurtured. you dream every night, but your brain filters out stuff it deems unnecessary and only "logs" the noteworthy parts of the dream upon waking. if you keep a dream journal going (even if it means writing "i don't remember my dream" every other day or so) will train your brain to focus on the details, and you'll notice you'll remember a lot more by week 2. even the act of writing down the fact you don't remember programs your brain into subconsciously thinking "okay, i'll try to remember more of my dream this time around so i have something to write down in my journal." it really works; back when i was keeping a dream journal i went from simple sentences to full blown pages of information over a few weeks.

I remember a lot of them but trying to describe them well is the hard part