Author Topic: swear filter broke  (Read 1831 times)

i shut off ads and it's still turning stuff into stuff

One thing I lol'd at was that it transforms stufflord's name to stufflord when quoted:
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=319052.msg9877516#msg9877516

Swear filter doesn't apply to user's names outside the post element though

please help this is a really stuffty situation

are you guys seeing my posts filtered or is that clientside? when I quote someone it gives me the censored version.

please help this is a really stuffty situation

are you guys seeing my posts filtered or is that clientside? when I quote someone it gives me the censored version.
Turning off ads worked for me

Dunno why the filter would be enabled for members that are logged in though if the point of the filter was to have the forums appear family friendly to Google

I still think it's a bug and not an actual decision made by Badspot

Relevant:

Relevant:

best part is that only 15% of people will actually get this joke

best part is that only 15% of people will actually get this joke
Naaah, i'm sure there are some newer folk who know enough of the BLF's history to know the reference

But seriously, @Badspot i was using ads to support the forums, having this filter forcibly enabled with the ads for logged in members is obnoxious, pls fix
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:58:42 PM by Masterlegodude »

Turning off ads worked for me

Dunno why the filter would be enabled for members that are logged in though if the point of the filter was to have the forums appear family friendly to Google

I still think it's a bug and not an actual decision made by Badspot
Consider this possibility: He's got his profile age set to under 18. Maybe it's age based?

nope, i dont have a swear filter on my end and im at 15

Consider this possibility: He's got his profile age set to under 18. Maybe it's age based?
Then why would i see it? Like Shift Kitty said, it's because of having ads enabled

I disabled ads, and now everything's fine

As for Super Suit, maybe there is an age factor to this, or maybe something is broken on his end, i dunno
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 09:17:05 PM by Masterlegodude »