Author Topic: Star Wars IX: Black Diamond  (Read 2549 times)

okay its childish gambino

its gonna be garbage for sure. mary sue and her diversity squad save the galaxy from the evil white men and learn the power of trusting women and always believing in yourself.

its gonna be garbage for sure. mary sue and her diversity squad save the galaxy from the evil white men and learn the power of trusting women and always believing in yourself.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-9-working-title-black-diamond/

Do you think Star Wars IX will flop like Solo?

/discuss
solo didn't flop though, it was actually tolerable unlike the new trilogy

the real title is "from his nap". black diamond is just the working title

there is absolutely no coming back from anything that's been done so far in the last two movies so yes it's going to be a loving stuffshow

episode 7 and rogue one were good. im sure if they could pull a good, deep villain out of their sleeves for this new one it'll be fine. no more of that kayla rum stuff

episode 7 and rogue one were good. im sure if they could pull a good, deep villain out of their sleeves for this new one it'll be fine. no more of that kayla rum stuff

rogue one was only good because all the unlikeable deviantart-grade OCs in that movie get loving massacred at the end

rogue one was only good because all the unlikeable deviantart-grade OCs in that movie get loving massacred at the end
exactly. they took a hint from all the good tarantino movies and killed off their entire cast. a movie's more enjoyable when you dont need to have any attachment to its stuffty characters and their stuffty backstories

rogue one had action, shooting, martial arts, explosions, the good stuff. and better yet, no dumb characters to stress over since they all die at the end. all movies need to follow this example

exactly. they took a hint from all the good tarantino movies and killed off their entire cast. a movie's more enjoyable when you dont need to have any attachment to its stuffty characters and their stuffty backstories

rogue one had action, shooting, martial arts, explosions, the good stuff. and better yet, no dumb characters to stress over since they all die at the end. all movies need to follow this example
taratino movies aren't good because they're 2 hours of cgi action scenes. characters are actually competently written and all the suspense and drama is completely separate from the end movie action scenes.
rogue one had lazily written characters which made the shoehorned drama and action even more boring. if you're suggesting movies should be about action and explosions instead of a character driven plot, you're completely missing the reason why the original 3 films were good.

the disney star wars movies' characters can be broken into three categories:
1. characters that were in the original trilogy that were once cool but are now either gimped for no reason or horribly mismanaged (luke, han solo, leia)
2. mary sues/gary stus (rey, girl from rogue one, han solo from solo)
3. ridiculously unlikeable handicaps (finn's gf from TLJ, fembot from solo, that one guy in rogue one that tries to kill the protagonist's dad for whatever reason)

they are the largest and most popular entertainment company in the world writing for one of the most popular properties of all time yet every single character they write for falls into these categories
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 07:22:47 PM by Tactical Nuke »

i dont watch movies for their characters i watch them for their action. this is why i watch clone wars the tv series because of all the awesome lightsaber battles and suspenseful scenarios they come up with

i dont watch movies for their characters i watch them for their action. this is why i watch clone wars the tv series because of all the awesome lightsaber battles and suspenseful scenarios they come up with

clone wars has some of the best characters out of everything star wars lol