[NEWS] Oklahoma now leads nation with highest incarceration rate, study finds

Author Topic: [NEWS] Oklahoma now leads nation with highest incarceration rate, study finds  (Read 9956 times)

dogpiling on zealot just avoids actual discussion on the actual issue of mass incarceration.... :/

dogpiling on zealot just avoids actual discussion on the actual issue of mass incarceration.... :/
its a non issue

ur right

here's a solution: stop doing crime

but no seriously end the drug war

junkies should be thrown in prison as well

ur right

here's a solution: stop doing crime

but no seriously end the drug war
so the fact that the US imprisions more people than any other country in the world makes sense to you? is america really that crime riddled? if it is, why aren't we investing more/doing something about keeping children away from the path of crime?

so the fact that the US imprisions more people than any other country in the world makes sense to you? is america really that crime riddled? if it is, why aren't we investing more/doing something about keeping children away from the path of crime?

Maybe stop having a country thats >56% and you'll stop having parasites who commit ctimes

Thanos was right. Looks like we have some bodies to pile up.

Like I said, other than the drug war I see no illegitimate reasons for incarceration. If people commit crime that's on them. If you want to explore why they do so, we can, but at the end of the day, no one cares if Sammy boy shot and killed someone because his father was never around or some dumb stuff like that.

Oklahoma is shaped like a frying pan
i can confirm that this is true, we even named the narrow region the panhandle :)

dude can you ACTUALLY believe the freest country has PEOPLE IN JAIL? i thought we lived under A loving DEMOCRACY???

dude can you ACTUALLY believe the freest country has PEOPLE IN JAIL? i thought we lived under A loving DEMOCRACY???
the fact people are incarcerated isnt the problem, its the numbers. i thought you were more capable of critical thinking than this.

Like I said, other than the drug war I see no illegitimate reasons for incarceration. If people commit crime that's on them. If you want to explore why they do so, we can, but at the end of the day, no one cares if Sammy boy shot and killed someone because his father was never around or some dumb stuff like that.
fair enough. the drug war is pretty forgeted ya.

We also have a vastly different culture than those countries. We lead in crime because we lead in hedonism and self-vice. Some laws are outdated/unreasonable, yes, but we can't really be compared when we lack the religious traditionalism of the East, the all-for-one mindset of Europe, etc.

At least, that's my best guess as to why we are like that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 08:21:38 PM by Alteration »

This is what happens when you try to have serious discussion on the Blockland Forums ladies and gentlemen.

I don't think anyone in the entire world* has a problem with murderers being in prison. this is the definition of a strawman

*except other murderers I guess

This is what happens when you try to have serious discussion on the Blockland Forums ladies and gentlemen.

thanks for telling us