Author Topic: working 60+ hours a week  (Read 4979 times)

Work the stuff job until you have a good cash buffer for living expenses and emergencies, then look for an upgrade.

Work the stuff job until you have a good cash buffer for living expenses and emergencies, then look for an upgrade.

do what makes you happy but remember you cant be happy without money

push through that job as much as you freaking can. just remember constantly tell yourself that this job isn't permanent and you will be out of it eventually because motivation is absolutely key for pushing through anything. it sounds cheesy as hell but hell does it work.

I can't believe youre the only dishwasher at the restaurant, if they have any brains theyre probably looking for other dishwashers aswell which might mean your hours will be reduced if they get a new hire
theres 3-4 other dishwashers that work with me, but two of them are super incompetent and one other leaves at like 7pm

the problem is that my shift is supposed to end at 11pm but at that time the runners basically bring a battleship of dirty dishes since they start closing at that time and suddenly me and my helper are climbing over mountains of dishes and once that stuffs done we gotta take all the trash out. the entire process takes until 2am on good days, 5am on friday and saturday :I

this is my plan right now but im starting to debate at what point i should quit. like my goal right now is to quit in like 4 months once i have about 6000 and then figure out stuff from then but i'm also like "maybe i should go to 7000 or 8000 and take a break for a month" and im so conflicted on whether i should sacrifice my general happiness for the time being just to earn a couple extra thousand

another thing thats keeping me from quitting early is that i work at a really high end bougie restaurant and if i work for enough months i could put that as prior work experience and it could help me snag some better jobs possibly. i dont want to leave after a month because then it'll look really stupid on a resume or job application
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 03:48:36 PM by thegoodperry »

4k a forgetin month? I think it's worth it to stay around for a bit

phantos i believe in you. every time you want to give up just remember the power of friendship and cold hard cash.

thanks conan i'll remember one of those two things you listed probably the latter but thanks

you'll remember the first after i take your paycheck for not properly appreciating my friendship
np u too friend
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:15:28 PM by Conan »

thanks conan you're a real enemy friend!

bitch making 50k a year washing dishes.....

bitch making 50k a year washing dishes.....
it sounds great until you realize hes essentially slaving away every day except one and that its pretty unsustainable for your health lol

and keep in mind i basically was doing 6 hours a day of personal programming for my game projects and now im suddenly doing twice that much on dishes

my happiness has decreased pretty rapidly. im not depressed but i am kinda annoyed

Confidential info on but, Chris Hemsworth (Thor dude) is actually reserved to eat here at 8pm so I'm taking a break in cuz stuffs gonna get hectic lol. The restaurant I work for takes celeb reservations like once every week and every time we do stuff hits the fan cuz people see the celeb eating there and then they try to eat there too
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 07:18:25 PM by thegoodperry »