What's your favorite video game atmosphere/setting?

Author Topic: What's your favorite video game atmosphere/setting?  (Read 4451 times)

Personally I've always loved the atmosphere and setting of Bioshock 1 and 2. Sadly, Rapture didn't get what I felt it deserved in Burial at Sea, it just didn't feel the same.

dark souls bloodborne shadow of the colossus

shadow of the colossus and magicite's although it was done poorly

Skyrim except with 40 pounds of graphics mods.

the swamp where you first encounter the Flood in Halo was terrifying to my younger self, and the suspenseful buildup was great. The Mass Effect universe in general is cool too.

Probably Fallout, or Half life 2.

Probably Fallout, or Half life 2.
ditto on half-life 2. I felt extremely immersed the whole time I played.

ditto on half-life 2. I felt extremely immersed the whole time I played.
dunno how you felt immersed
i blocked the combine guard on the turret in the drive part with a can and just went past
theres multiple moments where combine just rush in a line so all you do is shoot with the smg and all your hear is "Augh! *sstchhaaaa-ssssshhhzztt* 10-4-01 officer down" and "Ooogh! *SttchPLIPPlIpPlIpPllP*" so much that I memorized the sounds.
I got immersed in ravenholm,though, so much so that when I first played it I was scared to stuff of fast and poison zombies and still get the heebie jeebies when I see or hear a poison zombie.

The mainline Shin Megami Tensei games

Oh yeah, halo has done 'alien spaceship' better than anyone else ever

halo did libraries pretty well amirite

EYE Divine Cybermancy (besides the stuffty translations I thought the mood and aesthetic was done reaaaaally well), anything that has to do with Halo 2 on High Charity, Undertale (uh oh)

Undertale
DID THIS GUY JUST SAY UNDERTALE? HEY EVERYONE THIS GUY LIKES UNDERTAL;E. EVERYONE GET OVER HERE SOMEONE MENTIONED UNDERTALE.