How should I name my DOOM weapons?

Author Topic: How should I name my DOOM weapons?  (Read 2483 times)

I'm now progressing to the point in making my weaponpack where I can start pooping out the weapons, but I have no idea how should I name them. Currently I'm using kinda dev names like DOOMSG for the shotgun, but it doesn't seem fitting for the final release. I would also like so the names won't cross with other existing weapons. For example not naming them just "Shotgun" or "Sawn-off shotgun".
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:16:35 PM by c[_] »

Maybe something like "[UAC] Shotgun"?

If you didn't know UAC is the place you're at in the first Doom and a little in Doom 2016

how about DShotgun

Maybe [DOOM] Shotgun or some stuff

Maybe [DOOM] Shotgun or some stuff
This is the best option tbh, there are quite a few guns out there that just use generic names like "Shotgun" and "Sniper", putting a tag at the beginning helps separate it.

how about DShotgun
theres an ancient addon named dshotgun if anyone was wondering

in my opinion if you are making a full weapon pack just say forget em and name them normal names because weapon packs shouldn't really be mixed anyways

My best bet would be using [D] As a starting thing.
ex:

[D] Pistol

ancient

i dont really see a problem with this but [doom]shotgun sounds good to me

The [D] sounds good I'll probs use it.
Pun not intended

The [D] sounds good I'll probs use it.
Pun not intended

the pun was intended

[Doom] gunname isnt good because it instantly takes up the top spaces of the item selection screen and it essentially hordes the attention towards the guns specifically instead of anything else ingame

[Doom] gunname isnt good because it instantly takes up the top spaces of the item selection screen and it essentially hordes the attention towards the guns specifically instead of anything else ingame

okay well I guess you can edit the names to suit your style when it releases

okay well I guess you can edit the names to suit your style when it releases
Because everyone knows how to do this, right?

Because everyone knows how to do this, right?

it isn't difficult to go into the addon's scripts with notepad and replace all the desired text with something you like
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 02:15:09 PM by GreenBH³ »