So wtf was Age of Time?

Author Topic: So wtf was Age of Time?  (Read 2699 times)

Not much is really known about Badspot's older game Age of Time, I can barely find any info on it.

All I know about Age of Time is that it was some sort of online RPG where everyone played uncanny looking ladies with oversized breasts and it was made in the torque engine, and that it inspired Blockland's creation somehow.

Adding to the mystery is this screenshot that was posted in the SMF Login vulnerability thread:

wtf was age of time???
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:27:21 AM by joe411 »

there's an entire subforum on here at the bottom of the page you can read. it's closed off from posting, but it's still readable for posterity.
http://www.ageoftime.com/
website never went down either, and i believe it's still fully playable.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:23:10 PM by auzman466 »

badspot's lovey fantasy mmo. its just like one of my animes

It also didn't really inspire Blockland's creation at all. In fact, Blockland was made before Age of Time.
He made a bunch of different prototypes in TGE. Future War, Two Guns, Legions. And of course, Age of Time and Blockland.
Blockland happened to be the prototype that got the most attention. So he made it into a full game.

its a game where you can get naked and then thrown in jail for public indecency

It also didn't really inspire Blockland's creation at all. In fact, Blockland was made before Age of Time.
He made a bunch of different prototypes in TGE. Future War, Two Guns, Legions. And of course, Age of Time and Blockland.
Blockland happened to be the prototype that got the most attention. So he made it into a full game.
badspot was the legit og indie game dev

Selling pink dye 1k per vial, light pink 500 gold see me in market booth where I glitched my horse into

I am still hosting a v3 server with some v29 features including the arena and the original Log Challenge with a Magic Challenge.

Too bad that the AoT subform was locked. It was also spammed with a lot of useless topics. I do believe that AoT came before Blockland. Port Town already existed in a different style in Badspot's 2002 game Future War.

Just don't ever port anything from Age of Time to Blockland or else Badspot will kick your dog

Just don't ever port anything from Age of Time to Blockland or else Badspot will kick your dog
oh stuff i was about to ask someone to do that

airports of tirhfjnfkg fkx

Just don't ever port anything from Age of Time to Blockland or else Badspot will kick your donkey
ftfy

I posted the last thread on AoT, but even though it was I wanted to still get on AoT because it was fun and I haven’t gotten anywhere yet. I hope that source code is released so we can Return to that Age of Time.

What did you do in the game? What was the goal?

Just shooting balls at people who leave town

What did you do in the game? What was the goal?
To defeat the mighty 'Log Challenge' and get the golden grappling hook