spawnitem except with datablock names instead of UI names

Author Topic: spawnitem except with datablock names instead of UI names  (Read 1639 times)

Unfortunately you would need a server-side and a client-side add-on to do this. Datablock names are not sent. Why do you really need this?

Unfortunately you would need a server-side and a client-side add-on to do this. Datablock names are not sent.
LAME
Why do you really need this?
*long inhale* i want to make a specific item unspawnable except by admins and i would make it so it has no UI name and then it could only be spawned with this event and not the vanilla spawnitem event and then i could get an event restriction addon so non-admins cant use this event but now that doesnt work so i guess i need another method do you have any ideas

Could just make it admin only to pickup or equip

Could just make it admin only to pickup or equip
i dont want it admin only to pick up and it doesnt have an image to be equipped with

i gotchu
Code: [Select]
registerOutputEvent(“fxDtsBrick”, “spawnItemDatablock”, “string 100 200”);

function fxDtsBrick::spawnItemDatablock(%self, %datablockName) {
    if (!isObject(%datablockName) || %datablockName.getClassName() !$= ItemData) {
        return;
    }
    %self.spawnItem(%datablockName.getID());
}

MEGA upvote
mega downvote what did it mean by this
base/server/scripts/allGameScripts.cs (22261): Register object failed for object (null) of class Item.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:23:49 PM by TableSalt »

wtf why not just make a script that prevents a certain item from being spawned through events or on bricks by people who aren't admins this is an awful approach

I am failing to understand what you are trying to do.
If you only want admins to spawn it you just need to get restricted events.

wtf why not just make a script that prevents a certain item from being spawned through events or on bricks by people who aren't admins this is an awful approach
yes pls

instead of typing out a whole paragraph explaining what i want again im just going to say: go away

Read the posts from OP. It's not that hard.

Unfortunately you would need a server-side and a client-side add-on to do this. Datablock names are not sent. Why do you really need this?
What in the world made you think this?
Events are purely server-sided. Sure the client doesn't have a list of datablock names, but you could just make it a regular list by cycling through the datablocks.

MEGA upvote
mega downvote what did it mean by this
base/server/scripts/allGameScripts.cs (22261): Register object failed for object (null) of class Item.
It almost seems like you attempted to spawn something that wasn't an item datablock.