A Universal Headlight for Cars

Author Topic: A Universal Headlight for Cars  (Read 523 times)

So I've run into a problem and I believe there might be a solution.
I've got a dark themed environment with a lot of terrain, and I need to be able to see where I'm going in a vehicle. The best I can do is use the playerlight, and with the tool Script_AdvanceLight I can use /setlight to swap what light I want my playerlight to be. My idea is to create a light that doesn't hang around the player like an orb like this.

Would it be possible to make a light like a spotlight similar to a car's headlights, that can be binded to the player's hand? (And possibly offset so it doesn't shine in the car?). For example, use '/setlight Car' to get a car's headlights binded as your playerlight.

I know that some cars already do this (Teneksi's Shark for example) where the lights turn on in the car itself and a beam is emitted from them. I'm looking for a global compatability where as cars like the Jeep or the Explorer can seemingly have a headlight beam.

Small Note: the appearance of this light would not matter via normal player means, this would only be for seated players in a vehicle.

unfortunately point lighting is the only possible method of lighting in this game engine afaik. doing what you’re requesting would need engine changes.