Author Topic: Map loading similar to area loading in video games.  (Read 829 times)

In theory, a way to load a save when the player has completed an objective or interacted with an event. Like if the player was on map 1 of 3 and completed an objective to go to map 2 the event/script would load a save that was designated map 2 and so forth.

I don't see how this is practical at all unless you're making a single player game

There IS an event that loads saves somewhere around here, but I'm not sure what it's called. It was a major part of my Blocklounge project.

I don't see how this is practical at all unless you're making a single player game
That's what im pretty much doing at the moment.

the golden wrench campaign from kobble has changearea and loadingfreeze events that do this, use the gamemode.cs file

you might want to play the campaign first and learn how it works in custom

it uses zones instead of clickable activation which can feel erratic, i would recommend using them one build at a time instead of hallway transitions

also loadingfreeze doesn't literally stop the game, it just holds the last frame of your screen for 5 seconds, meaning anything can happen to your character during those 5 seconds