Userscript - Please don't remove my avatar thanks

Author Topic: Userscript - Please don't remove my avatar thanks  (Read 1759 times)

Simple userscript that prevents the update profile page from setting your avatar to nothing.

This is not infallible, double check that the radio box isn't present before updating your profile.
Credit to Jia for putting their avatar on the line to test this method initially.

https://pecon.us/userscripts/avatar_ductape_fix.user.js

Edit: I made a tiny mistake which caused the script to not run if you accessed the profile settings via a certain link. Make sure you're on v1.1.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 01:55:00 AM by Pecon »

I'm glad this exists, but stuffstains that keep constantly exploiting the website are the reason this has to exist.

so does it work if you lost your profile picture or only if you didnt

so does it work if you lost your profile picture or only if you didnt
All this does is prevent you from setting your avatar to nothing. You still can't upload avatars, that's handled only by the server.

So you're forgeted.

All this does is prevent you from setting your avatar to nothing. You still can't upload avatars, that's handled only by the server.

So you're forgeted.
damb

doesnt jia jack off to gay shark research

got the default brad pitt smf avatar

doesnt jia jack off to gay shark research
doesn't kidalex jack off to object show research

im scared to touch anything related to profile settings

Note this still works just the same even with the new default avatar selection. If you're planning to use one of the default avatars, you obviously don't need this userscript; it's just helpful for those of us trying to keep our originally uploaded avatars.

too late pecon look what they have done to me im brad smelly arm pitt