Oriony (179428) - private investigating me and posting my location in general chat

Author Topic: Oriony (179428) - private investigating me and posting my location in general chat  (Read 4807 times)

Ugh he did something again? /support

Here's the scoop:

Degenerates like Oriony Belong on a Cross

After further inspection; Oriony didn't do anything harmful.

He merely got the IP of user Luke_Rena and then used some incredibly basic 'Ip lookup' website to get their city / state / country / zip. This is essentially the extent of what you can gain from an IP lookup, and quite literally every user online can have their IP acquired very quickly.

I think intent matters here. Even if his dox attempt was poor there was still an attempt here. It's like robbery vs attempted robbery. Failure doesn't make it any less disgusting. And theres no saying he wont put more effort into his attempt next time.

Here's the scoop:

Degenerates like Oriony Belong on a Cross
Here's the scoop:
you're handicapped

Here's the scoop:
you're handicapped
what about my handicapped

i wouldn't say this fits under 'private investigating' - its just getting a very vague location from his IP. nowhere near accurate to actually do much harm
not saying what he did isn't wrong though

I think intent matters here. Even if his dox attempt was poor there was still an attempt here. It's like robbery vs attempted robbery. Failure doesn't make it any less disgusting. And theres no saying he wont put more effort into his attempt next time.

i wouldn't say this fits under 'private investigating' - its just getting a very vague location from his IP. nowhere near accurate to actually do much harm

Agreed. Revealing someone's IP can be somewhat a richard move, honestly. People who have been caused by having their location revealed via IP tracking could just think in many different ways: "Reset the IP", "Find a new Router", lots of complicated stuff involving IP routing and whatever.

he posted his street adress and found his house on google maps i thought, i was the one to censor the pics for luke and before i did i saw the uncenscored pics and it was his street adress showing his house

he posted his street adress and found his house on google maps i thought, i was the one to censor the pics for luke and before i did i saw the uncenscored pics and it was his street adress showing his house
english?

I Agree

private investigating might be illegal because it invades rights of privacy or whatever

ah. disregard my previous post, then