[NEWS] Walmart is taking a direct shot at Amazon and making checkout lanes obsol

Author Topic: [NEWS] Walmart is taking a direct shot at Amazon and making checkout lanes obsol  (Read 3649 times)

you guys dont seem to understand that you dont have to wait in line for the cash register
waiting 25 seconds for a traffic light or a text back shouldnt be too hard, waiting for a couple minutes in a checkout line isnt that bad either unless you really don't have the patience for it
having to wait for things isn't worth getting upset over life is too short for that

not for long
who do you think stocks, organizes, does price changes, puts stuff in clearance, cuts fabric. Just because people can buy stuff and check out on their own doesn't mean everyone in walmart loses their job, the only people at risk are cashiers.

Actually Walmart is shelving Scan & Go because there's too much theft and nobody knows how tf to work it. They decided this a whole 2 months ago too.

https://www.mobilemarketer.com/news/walmart-drops-mobile-scan-go-checkout/523633/
https://www.supermarketnews.com/news/walmart-pulls-plug-mobile-express-scan-go
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2018/05/16/walmart-ending-scan-go-shopping-experiment-amazon-go-heads-new-cities
https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-abandons-scan-and-go-cashierless-checkout-2018-5

who do you think stocks, organizes, does price changes, puts stuff in clearance, cuts fabric. Just because people can buy stuff and check out on their own doesn't mean everyone in walmart loses their job, the only people at risk are cashiers.

The answer to your question is nobody. The scheduling is garbage now. Good stuff getting called up to cashier when I'm drowning in freight :) or called to do fish, or called to cut fabric, or do fishing licenses. or cover lawn and garden.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:33:07 PM by Waru »

The answer to your question is nobody. The scheduling is garbage now. Good stuff getting called up to cashier when I'm drowning in freight :) or called to do fish, or called to cut fabric, or do fishing licenses. or cover lawn and garden.
You must work at a stuff walmart because i'm drowning in hours, we are about 30 people understaffed so im getting 41-42 hours a week because literally nobody else can cover me

waiting 25 seconds for a traffic light or a text back shouldnt be too hard, waiting for a couple minutes in a checkout line isnt that bad either unless you really don't have the patience for it
having to wait for things isn't worth getting upset over life is too short for that
Life is too short for patience

today i woke up to the alarming sound of my alarm clock and put on my clothes via android gf and brushed my teeth with an electric toothbrush. i went to the lg fridge to grab some whole milk when i realized stuff we dont have any. i grab my keys, kiss my gf adios and get in my tesla model s. it's great i don't even have to do anything it drives on its own. i get to walmart and make fun of people who haven't taken on to get better technology like the cavepeople they are and grab milk. i go to self-checkout because stinky old people died when the ceo told them to piss off and buy milk. i wave goodbye to old lady 1010101 and go home to faceforget my gf in her powerpusillanimous individual while my terminator child babbled code into his junk to download procrastination. i finish the day by pouring milk to short circuit my cyborg family and shoot myself with a 12 gauge kurt cobain style.
ngl this is funny as stuff

if your such a loving elitist about not being lazy go back to loving sending me letters through pigeons instead of using the internet.

If you're already in the store, the option to buy your stuff with the equivalent of going online and buying everything from your house, should NOT be an option.
It would be like walking to a restaurant, and then calling that same restaurant to make a reservation.

This has nothing to do with "Maaaaaaah, those damn millennial are too damn lazy! Bah-humbug!", it's about uneeded extravagance. Not everything should require a phone app.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 01:02:23 AM by Mr.Noßody »

I hate purely Scan & Go stuff because all you can do is buy stuff at them, that's it. No refilling Walmart cards, gift cards, and other stuff you need an actual cashier for.

If you're already in the store, the option to buy your stuff with the equivalent of going online and buying everything from your house, should NOT be an option.
It would be like walking to a restaurant, and then calling that same restaurant to make a reservation.

This has nothing to do with "Maaaaaaah, those damn millennial are too damn lazy! Bah-humbug!", it's about uneeded extravagance. Not everything should require a phone app.
are you handicapped or can you not read, the technology detailed in the OP is a phone app that allows you to scan and checkout items in store, not full on browse stuff like amazon.

it allows for people to walk in the store, scan stuff as they shop, then instantly check out and leave.

if you don't see the obvious advantage of this you are actually braindead or would prefer to sit behind 4 people with 600 items to scan at a cash register. This is an acceptable use for a phone app.

There are examples where phone apps are useless though, like smart fridges or that loving juicer thing that needed an app to work, but those are not the same as what is outlined in the OP

Amazon revealed plans in December to introduce a similar technology to its own brick-and-mortar grocery concept, called Amazon Go, which is still in the planning phases.
This isn't even true. There's already an Amazon Go that exists. And it doesn't even require you to show someone your receipt. There's cameras and sensors in the store that know exactly who picked up what, and once you're going to walk out, that's when the transaction happens.

or i can just be patient and wait in line to pay.

i remember a local costco having remotes that did this same exact thing and i loved the convenience of it. though they still had to pay at a register
the customers scan stuff with remotes as they pick them out and then they all get paid for at a register because they didnt have card readers on them
too bad they got rid of them i really really liked them

Actually Walmart is shelving Scan & Go because there's too much theft and nobody knows how tf to work it. They decided this a whole 2 months ago too.

https://www.mobilemarketer.com/news/walmart-drops-mobile-scan-go-checkout/523633/
https://www.supermarketnews.com/news/walmart-pulls-plug-mobile-express-scan-go
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2018/05/16/walmart-ending-scan-go-shopping-experiment-amazon-go-heads-new-cities
https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-abandons-scan-and-go-cashierless-checkout-2018-5

this is pretty funny considering they just added them in my store lol

Auchan Romania (prolly other countries too) has implemented a system I like.
Basically there are still cashiers that scan your items, but you don't actually need to pay the cashier, they give you a bar code you then move to payment machines to scan and pay, then you can leave.

There's a few good things that come out of this:
  • Still promotes jobs (pink-collar) instead of taking them away
  • As far as I observed extended queues are not due to the inability of cashiers to process items timely, but by the inability of customers to actually have money on time. I spent times in queues where it took more for people to pay than for their items to get scanned; this solves that issue with no drawbacks
  • There is no concern for "security" as far as "forgetting" to scan an item goes
  • No need for costumers to actually do scanning themselves, some of which might not even understand the system and might take too long to get accustomed to self-checkout

Probably more.

honestly forget amazon and walmart fr
destroy the bourgeoisie