Staticmap Custom button

Author Topic: Staticmap Custom button  (Read 1981 times)

It would force people to reload the entire mission when all that's needed is the static map objects to be cleared and a new one loaded

It would force people to reload the entire mission when all that's needed is the static map objects to be cleared and a new one loaded

Yeah. That's how it works with datiels maps and the kitchen maps.

Oh I'm handicapped I see why nvm

The forget? Why?

Because, that's how it works. Just like maps did originally.

I was working on something exactly like this for my static maps mod a while back but I never released it. I think it was near completion, but I'm not very interested on finishing it if it isn't though since I'm working on another project :cookieMonster:

And since these new static map mods (probably) don't work with my mod it's probably gonna be a mess to deal with.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:33:54 PM by Wrapperup »

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like

Seems to work fine, although I have no idea what issues remains on it.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like

Seems to work fine, although I have no idea what issues remains on it.
you could release what you have already maybe

Seems to have some other new features I forgot about too.

You can set the map in a gamemode, there is a map wand (I don't think I finished that, probably does nothing)
Of course you can set the map with the custom gamemode UI, you don't have to do any fishy add-on enabling and wasting datablocks

I'll upload the modified maps, the static map mod and the example gamemode, but ya'll can make a thread since I'm not active that much anymore.
Just credit me please ;)

New static maps mod:
System_StaticMaps.zip

Fixed bedroom for this version:
StaticMap_Original_Bedroom.zip

A simpler asteroid map so you can learn how to make your own maps for this mod:
StaticMap_Asteroids.zip

Example gamemode:
Gamemode_Freebuild_Bedroom.zip

I also converted your Awp_Lego map into a static map that works with my mod, it still needs a preview.png (256x256) and a thumb.png (64x64) but it's not exactly mandatory
StaticMap_Lego_Awp.zip
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:48:46 AM by Wrapperup »

New static maps mod:
System_StaticMaps.zip

Fixed bedroom for this version:
StaticMap_Original_Bedroom.zip

A simpler asteroid map so you can learn how to make your own maps for this mod:
StaticMap_Asteroids.zip

Example gamemode:
Gamemode_Freebuild_Bedroom.zip

I also converted your Awp_Lego map into a static map that works with my mod, it still needs a preview.png (256x256) and a thumb.png (64x64) but it's not exactly mandatory
StaticMap_Lego_Awp.zip
oh forget yeah man, I also found a way to make it compatible with my maps (almost) they show up in the list now

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 02:54:47 PM by datiel12 »

There's a script Conan has that loads new shapes and states for everyone on the server without having them rejoin. It takes the same amount of time but it's cleamer. It'd be good to implement

There's a script Conan has that loads new shapes and states for everyone on the server without having them rejoin. It takes the same amount of time but it's cleamer. It'd be good to implement
if only I could code like that. The maps dont load ingame but show in the menu

if only I could code like that. The maps dont load ingame but show in the menu

Might be because the datablocks aren't referencing the dts file correctly, since that was a problem I had when converting your map after renaming the add-on zip