Blockland crashes when hosting a server

Poll

Problem has been fixed

3 (100%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Blockland crashes when hosting a server  (Read 2210 times)

I know I've already made a thread like this, but it's happened again. The odd thing this time though is that I've used the exact same set of addons, and even a few more in the past, and it didn't crash then. I can only assume that one or more of my addons got some sort of big update and now it's a bit broken. Any help would be nice. Thank you.

Okay, so I tried it again recently and now in the console log, it's loading even less addons than before before it crashes. I'm really confused by this, can anyone give any help or an explanation? Please, before this topic is unreplyable for being too old.

Is it really crashing or is it just 'not responding'?
If it's just 'not responding', don't end it, just let it keep going.

Is it really crashing or is it just 'not responding'?
If it's just 'not responding', don't end it, just let it keep going.
It usually says it's "not responding" but that's normal for me and I just keep it running. It's actually crashing in the middle of loading addons.

For some reason I find that bl glass causes a non-dedicated server to crash when it is loading add-ons. Try hosting dedicated or removing gl glass if that does not work.

For some reason I find that bl glass causes a non-dedicated server to crash when it is loading add-ons. Try hosting dedicated or removing gl glass if that does not work.
It's not letting post the original post, if this is sent I'd be surprised...

It's not letting post the original post, if this is sent I'd be surprised...
And it's posted. Nice. Gonna put the attatchment here, disabled both the System_BLGlass addon and the Glass thing on the next page, and it still crashed. I had another attatchment but that's lost now.

Enable only defaults and see if it works.
If it still doesn't  work, you've got some bad clientsided stuff going on or like- a bad display driver or something.
I dunno.  You've got alot of old add-ons there.

Enable only defaults and see if it works.
If it still doesn't  work, you've got some bad clientsided stuff going on or like- a bad display driver or something.
I dunno.  You've got alot of old add-ons there.
He could simply have some crappy client addon. The best way is to sadly start fresh. But before doing that, remove Blockland Glass from the addons folder and restart the game.

Thanks Tendon and Kyuande, it was one of my clientsided addons causing the problem. I've now removed most of my old RTB2 client addons and it works. I guess I should've been more careful downloading all the RTB2 addons from that archive. Locking.

stuff, do you need an admin or mod to lock threads now? Man I miss the old SMF...

try to reset your addon folder and use only the addon you need

i had the same problem

try to reset your addon folder and use only the addon you need

i had the same problem
The problem is fixed, I just have no clue how to lock threads with the new SMF.

The problem is fixed, I just have no clue how to lock threads with the new SMF.
IIRC users no longer have permission to lock help threads because sometimes theyll just have their problem suddenly solved and then lock the thread without posting the solution. which means anyone else wondering how it was fixed cant ask anymore.

IIRC users no longer have permission to lock help threads because sometimes theyll just have their problem suddenly solved and then lock the thread without posting the solution. which means anyone else wondering how it was fixed cant ask anymore.
Pretty sure you can still lock threads in Help, it’s editing in Help that’s disabled. To lock, you post a reply but check “lock this thread” before posting.