Laptop recommendations

Author Topic: Laptop recommendations  (Read 1465 times)

My old laptop kicked the bucket. I'm looking for recommendations for a new one because I am too lazy to look for one myself ;^)

Anyway I basically want something good enough to play Counterstrike and Mount&Blade and stuff. Maybe Terrafirmacraft.

If you're wondering why I don't want a desktop, I do. But I don't really have enough time anymore to bother spending on a really good computer like that. And due to army life and whatever I'd rather have something portable.

Thank you for the consideration guys.

EDIT: Also I'd rather not break $700 but if it takes more for a decent laptop then whatever.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 05:17:07 AM by Taciturn »

yes. get. a. desk. top.
desktops are for literal sedetary no lives who spend the entire day at home. laptops are for real men who go places and make a life for themselves. I spend 800 dollars on a desktop and i never used it because a brother always on the go, traveling around to work with people. Laptops are the highest level of convenience any computer can possess

desktops are for literal sedetary no lives who spend the entire day at home. laptops are for real men who go places and make a life for themselves. I spend 800 dollars on a desktop and i never used it because a brother always on the go, traveling around to work with people. Laptops are the highest level of convenience any computer can possess
until they overheat or the battery dies

what exactly is your budget?

until they overheat or the battery dies
your right I forgot laptops are a special breed of computer that requires maintenance every 4-6 years. Unnacceptible, clearly computers should be built to run indefinitely with no issue like the desktop master race

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Elitebook-Recertified-i7-2820QM-2-3GHz/dp/B0052NL6JY

this is my laptop, old as forget but it can run like 250 mods at 30fps, also has a dedicated GPU (quadro 1000M)

If you're on a budget, get an eBay thinkpad with an i5 or i7, 6+ GB ram, and actual storage with windows installed (some sellers remove this lol)

These are like 400 at the absolute most

If you're on a budget, get an eBay thinkpad with an i5 or i7, 6+ GB ram, and actual storage with windows installed (some sellers remove this lol)

is that gonna really run counter-strike and modded minecraft without any problems? i highly doubt it.

also OP please tell me your budget so i can help find something that'll give you the best bang for your buck.

i would also highly recommend doing this

imak pro w/ emoji bar

Didn't you exchange your laptop for lean?