Opinions on Brickadia

Author Topic: Opinions on Brickadia  (Read 25711 times)

'modding will be extremely difficult' t. port
great concept but choosing unreal 4 was a big mistake

Making mods themselves won't be any harder than making content for Unreal. What he meant by that is adding modding support to our game will be difficult, and we know that good and well.

hey psst.. yeah brockadia devs listen to me psst.. make a keybind to instantly build duck... for easy duck
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 12:40:06 PM by maxymax13 »

really promising project, basically a proper blockland 2

choosing unreal 4 is only a mistake for the devs because the scope of a Lego building game doesn't really demand such a professional tool. Im also guessing this game will also be nearly impossible to run on lower end computers which is a shame but who cares I guess.

Modding will only be as difficult as the devs make it. Has nothing to do with the engine, just their budget and motivation.

choosing unreal 4 is only a mistake for the devs because the scope of a Lego building game doesn't really demand such a professional tool. Im also guessing this game will also be nearly impossible to run on lower end computers which is a shame but who cares I guess.

Modding will only be as difficult as the devs make it. Has nothing to do with the engine, just their budget and motivation.
fortnite can literally run on microwave/toaster oven and it's made in unreal

performance will be fine if they optimize

fortnite can literally run on microwave/toaster oven and it's made in unreal

performance will be fine if they optimize
These people are running max shaders 24/7 in all screenshots. Do you really think that removing the core shaders of unreal and then removing most of the useless parts of unreal which just slows down the game would be worth it just to get people with older computers on the game? Yes, but this is the blockland community we are talking about. They only want better.

Well I do hope they optimized because I know using unreal definitely incentivizes designing for NASA supercomputers.

Also I absolutely loving demand that if you guys add scripting it be done with loose files rather then requiring us to download unreal just to make mods because holy forget I don't want to learn a whole new interface plus 50 gb is not healthy

These people are running max shaders 24/7 in all screenshots. Do you really think that removing the core shaders of unreal and then removing most of the useless parts of unreal which just slows down the game would be worth it just to get people with older computers on the game? Yes, but this is the blockland community we are talking about. They only want better.
there is no justifiable reason to not optimize your game besides severe budget problems. alienating a whole group of users who have subpar computers is objectively stupid for the devs who lose players and the players with bad computers who can't play

It's a reality that lots of gamers are adults and tend to earn a lot less money than teenagers who seemingly have whole luxury cars gifted to them for Christmas. Like I earn 20,000 a year and a good computer could cost like 5% of my salary which is huge especially when I need to save up for future house leases

The short story is that your game should be able to simultaneously look beautiful on high end computers and run at 45+fps on subpar computers. It's perfectly feasible to optimize and streamline all the bottlenecks of CPU usage and especially for a c++ native engine where all instructions take like one millionth of a second. All the shaders should be toggleable and texture quality changeable as well for the user. I'm sure they'll optimize brick rendering but my best suggestion is that one of the devs uses a stuffty computer and tries to benchmark a lot so they can see if they are truly optimizing. Because trying to optimize your game code while running on a supercomputer is dumb since you basically can't measure any improvements outside timers or see if it's applicable
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:50:50 PM by thegoodperry »

I run an i5 2500s and GTX 670, 8gb ram, I can run the game at full resolution, max shaders, on a 700k brick count map at over 80fps

The game is awesomely optimized

1 million bricks with max settings in this game is smoother than 100k bricks with shaders off in blockland for me

If you play my leaked copy you'll see its more like roblox. Trust me.

TURKEY
that's some shiny ass chicken tho it looks like gold nuggets