Author Topic: Dglider's CityRPG  (Read 4576 times)

you could pay 10-20k to buy shares for a company and you'd get like triple that or smth every day
Did the companies ever fail?

tbh the way ty/ did companies was a lot easier and more simple
you could pay 10-20k to buy shares for a company and you'd get like triple that or smth every day
Yeah, but then you don't have a reason to build an office/mine/lumberyard/...
My way would be more dynamic and promote inter-player RP.

Yeah, but then you don't have a reason to build an office/mine/lumberyard/...
My way would be more dynamic and promote inter-player RP.
how well do you think this'd /realistically/ work out?

how well do you think this'd /realistically/ work out?
honytawk is the type of person who would make a beautiful factory or other location for people to work in.  Most of the other users value their own monetary gain over the visual appeal of their creations.

To help facilitate a believable environment, I would only allow resource blocks to be placed in approved lots.  Perhaps by swapping the lot brick with an "Industrial" lot brick after the majority of the lot has been built.

The setapartment event has been modified:
   Set the owner to -1 to allow anyone to build on your brick.
      If that setapartment event is disabled, the brick does not allow random people to build on it.
      This can be used to automate the renting of a particular room.

You want me to add such feature to my mod myself?

I do want that.

Actually, why don't we use 888888 instead? It's the go-to for public bricks anyway, so no need to add an another system.

Edit: Yes, that is better, as when you reload the bricks, that group will own the bricks as well, making it possible for anyone to continue on the build.

Edit2: I've added the feature and updated it on Glass. However, that will take a while, so in the meantime you can fetch it from here.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 04:57:59 PM by mctwist »

The server is up early this weekend.

I didn't work on the CityRPG this week as much as I usually do.  The only noticeable change is a new set of roads using the new city style.

The server will stay up an extra day, until Monday @ 7PM PST.

Tick lag has been fixed.

The last day was relatively unglitchy.  [Iphone] has joined the admin team.  He's a pretty cool dude. I've taught him how to sell the city lots and such.

This is the current admin team:
Dglider - Fair, wise, all powerful.  ...trying not to be abusive.
387163771 - Newbie to Blockland, can probably teleport you out of a pit and not much else.
Icarus - Excellent builder.  Probably just here to build.
[Iphone] - Can sell city lots.

Admins can drop and regain admin at will.  Admins should drop their admin if they're playing the game normally, so that they don't accidentally cheat.  ie, planting a lot without paying, spawning an unobtainabled vehicle, etc...
So if they're playing the game normally, they should not appear to have admin in the player list.

I have done alot of thinking, and consulted some people close to me.  I have decided to ban Queuenard.  The reason is that- he is not fun to be around.  That isn't a strict requirement to be on my server, and it certainly isn't in the rules.  But- no rping, empty builds, antagonizing the other guests, disrespect for me personally... All of his "crimes" are social.
I notice a dip in the server's mood every time he is actively talking and interacting with others and most guests seem agitated whenever he's around.  I can't host a fun server with that sort of person involved.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 04:15:00 AM by Tendon »

The server is up again.

This is the current admin team:
Dglider - Fair, wise, all powerful.  ...trying not to be abusive.
387163771 - Newbie to Blockland, can probably teleport you out of a pit and not much else.
Icarus - Excellent builder.  Probably just here to build.
[Iphone] - Can sell city lots.

Hm, I don't seem to be there :p

Flavoured, you're more like a VIP.

Server died at like 10:45 last night.  It is up again at 6:56.

09/12/2018

Removed destruction derby.
Simplified terrain on islands 2, 3, and 2b.
Added 2 new bricks to help simplify the terrain further.
Brick count went from 240k to 212k.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:03:36 PM by Tendon »

Added TinyCar by Barnabas
Added Oldtimer by Barnabas
Added Microbus by Barnabas
Applied console spam fix for Foehn
Applied console spam fix for Bengs 190
Added Server_Barber by Quartz
Integrated the Barber event to allow for paid haircuts.

The server will go up at 3PM PST, and should stay up until Sunday @ 7PM PST.

Server is up.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:41:45 PM by Tendon »

Major Error Server Over.

Wait no, that was supposed to happen.
Server is down, very few people showed up compared to last week.  So ehm, whatever.

I want to add a delivery system next week.  But life happens so, no promises.

Look at what I'm making:

It's a network of highways/roads made of custom bricks.  This is based off of the roads I've seen in euro truck simulator 2.

I'd like to add a delivery job where you deliver packages from/to various companies.
If you've got ideas for names/themes for the companies, toss em at me.  Nothing vulgar please, I'd like to keep this child friendly.