RIP Emulators and ROMs

Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13343 times)

guys we need to preserve the history of movies and the only way to do that is 123movies

there's no other way!1!1!!11!1!1!11!!1!!1!
Well movies can be preserved in a digital medium so if they aren't available for streaming, digital purchase, or physical purchase in a way that the producers get the money I see no reason why it shouldn't be morally acceptable to download them in a similar fashion to emulation.

But continue spouting your "Our law making overlords say that is illegal!" even though there are a ton of extremely stupid laws out there if you bother to read them, some of which you've probably even broken before.

guys we need to preserve the history of movies and the only way to do that is 123movies

how to sound like a dipstuff 101

Movies aren't brand new, and preserving them when they were was a different game altogether.
Games are relatively new in terms of history, and they are 100% digital, so preserving them online is the most reasonable way of doing so, since the companies couldn't give a stuff less.

also the-eye.eu is a good alternative too
I can second this all the way, they have the good rom there

i mean, kinda? all creative works should be preserved. for software it's been important because tech has moved so fast that emulation+archival have been the only ways to really even reliably run old software. there's gonna be a point in history where not a single functional original NES exists, and cycle-perfect emulation will be the only substitute short of re-manufacturing perfect replicas. bein able to continuously develop and improve emulation for current and recent consoles is important for that reason too. but eventually, film reels, discs, or whatever other video media will deteriorate and digital archival is one of the best ways to keep these things safe

obviously copyright laws exist to protect artists and make sure they're able to claim ownership and profit from their works, which i'm assumin is your point and i agree, tho in the long term, ripping+archival are the best ways to make sure creative works aren't lost to time

-snip-
Pretty sure most Wii games aren't officially sold, and I believe most people emulate the Wii U by ripping their own Discs, the only way you're gonna find it easily is on some sketchy website.

Are you ok?

they took down theisozone now, rip

Great, that was the main site i used to play old and obscure games that i can not physically play

Guess i'll just never play those anymore now

i got alot of stuff from the isozone goddamnit

i got alot of stuff from the isozone goddamnit

they still live as http://retrozone.co
i was actually pissed because they had a lot of xbox & dreamcast tools i used

“ah stuff, looks like emulators are way more convenient and functional than virtual console. any ideas?”
“sue em. sue the emulators.”
“ah.”
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 02:25:11 AM by Sideswipe »