So this mod breaks the bot respawn time, can anyone fix it?

Author Topic: So this mod breaks the bot respawn time, can anyone fix it?  (Read 2383 times)

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=272006.0

Great mod but it forgets up the bot respawn time. Any time I set doesn't work and bots will respawn as they would normally by the default time.

I asked the creator but he seems a tad busy at the moment.

Is anyone able to fix it?

I really need it fixed, I got bots that need a long respawn time.

The game is broken if they respawn too fast

So does absolutely no one know how to fix this?

It is messing up my medieval RP and I am unable to continue to expand on the bot system until this is fixed.

Does absolutely anyone know what would break bot respawn time? This is crucial and I need it fixed ASAP because it's breaking my entire game.

addon title
(Spawn-in-Range)
this makes it so if you're in a distance, it spawns the bot, it doesnt change the bot's spawn time.

addon titlethis makes it so if you're in a distance, it spawns the bot, it doesnt change the bot's spawn time.

Well it changes the respawn time because I've enabled and disabled every add-on until I finally only had bot in spawn range enabled.

It does break bot respawn times.

Bot respawn time set through minigame is broken and bot respawn time set through bot hole is broken.

No matter what value I set this to it doesn't do anything. It's broken.

This mod breaks the respawn time.

tbh an easier system would just have bricks or a zone brick that detects a player, spawns the bot, when bot dies it respawns if still in range.
it removes the need for the mod but is less surprising tbh

Your best bet would be having Viso fix it. The very few of us that are still here typically aren’t keen on learning someone else’s mod and finding out what is wrong with it.

A workaround until you do get help would be to use events though.

Code: [Select]
0 | Onbotdeath | Bot | Setbottype | None
30000 | Onbotdeath | Bot | Setbottype | Whatever it is

Code: [Select]
0 | Onbotdeath | Bot | Setbottype | None
30000 | Onbotdeath | Bot | Setbottype | Whatever it is
Well I want times longer than "30,000"

Also I think this mod conflicts with that event line.

Well I want times longer than "30,000"

Also I think this mod conflicts with that event line.
You can get around the 30 second limit using relay or projectile timers. Tick events mod has an upper limit of 10 minutes, too.

It also shouldn’t conflict. If there’s no bot type, there’s nothing for the mod to call upon.

You can get around the 30 second limit using relay or projectile timers. Tick events mod has an upper limit of 10 minutes, too.

I strongly prefer default bot respawn time.

It's simple, easy to do.

Doesn't need a stuffload of events.

I strongly prefer default bot respawn time.

It's simple, easy to do.

Doesn't need a stuffload of events.
I’d argue that this is easy and doesn’t require a lot of events. Even then it’s just a workaround.

That being said, a not so efficient system is still better than one that requires you to wait for someone to come around and fix it.