Author Topic: Faces are not rendering, need help!  (Read 1025 times)

I never would have thought this would ever be an issue at all... All it has to do is render the faces, but it seems unable of doing this unbelievably simple task.

Before you give any suggestions, please know that reinstalling blender and the DTS exporter doesn't solve it. I haven't tried using the older blender version with the older exporter, however, but it's unlikely that would do anything.

It renders completely fine from the inside, but the outside faces are acting like one-way mirrors. I can see right through them. Is there anything I can do with the model that will make it render properly?

I want to save what it is for a different day, when it's more complete, so I may be reluctant to disclose information about it. It's supposed to be a surprise! I will say that it is supposed to be a vehicle, but that's all that is needed.

I've provided some screenshots to show the outside and inside of the model.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Most video game engines only render one side of the face and would have to be programmed to render both sides, modeling programs usually have an option to render both sides of the faces that's on by default

The way to replicate that in-game is to duplicate the specified faces and reverse/flip them

Thanks for the advice, I'll try doing that.

Wow, that actually worked! THANKS!
I'll throw in some screenshots as a reward.

It's supposed to be pretty big, but it might be too big as of now.

Also, locked.